24-Nov-11 World View -- Thanksgiving - a time to prepare

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

24-Nov-11 World View -- Thanksgiving - a time to prepare

Post by John »

24-Nov-11 World View -- Thanksgiving - a time to prepare as the world darkens

Germany's bond auction called a 'complete disaster' as bond panic spreads

** 24-Nov-11 World View -- Thanksgiving - a time to prepare as the world darkens
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 24#e111124

Contents:
Happy Thanksgiving
Germany's bond auction called a 'complete disaster' as bond panic spreads
EU President Barroso makes strong pitch for 'Stability Bonds'
Merkel affirms her rejection of Eurobonds in budget debate
European bank run is starting
Opposition leader Samaras in Greece continues political theatre
Turkey's Erdogan offers apologies for killing 14,000 Kurds in 1930s
Yemen's President Saleh finally agrees to step down after 33 years
Power struggle is likely in Yemen
With much wisdom comes much sorrow

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Thanksgiving, European Commission, Eurobond,
Germany, Angela Merkel, Commerzbank, José Manuel Barroso,
Antonis Samaras, Greece, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey,
Kemal Kilicdaroglu, Kemal Ataturk, Ali Abdullah Saleh,
Yemen, King Abdullah II, Saudi Arabia, Ecclesiastes

rolivier79

Re: 24-Nov-11 World View -- Thanksgiving - a time to prepare

Post by rolivier79 »

John,

I just wanted to say, that I loved today's post. I feel your struggle: knowledge-sorrow.
I too have felt this. Being a creative/strategic scientist type, I sometimes engage myself with things, before their time has come. It's frustrating when others don't get "it", and just as frustrating when you realize that someday they will understand you.

However, I've learned something.

For every glass that's half empty, there's a half full glass.

To me GD, is not another Doomsday, chicken little, apocalyptic theory. Just because you track cycles of events that happened to be centered around generational crisis periods, doesn't mean that life's glass is half empty.

To me GD, is a realistic theory: describing meaningfull real life events.

I'm 30 and not sure if I'm technically generation x or part of the next Hero generation. But I know one thing. I will witness the glory of the next hero generation and I will support all they stand for, fight for, and sacrifice for. I will live my life, build a family, speak up and help make the world a better place. To me preparing for the next crisis is not stockpiling supplies. it's building relationships, thinking strategically... Acquiring knowledge. Therefore, not all wisdom is necessarily sorrow. Wisdom builds better lives. I look forward to fulfilling my generations dynamic cycle. I give thanks, that I will live during these historic times and pray that my contribution can make a difference. We can't afford to put our live's on hold, because we have knowledge of a crisis. We should live our lives today. To me GD is meaningfull, it makes me realize that I have to set my bar as high or higher than my grandfather who survived WWII. GD inspires me, like he has inspired my entire family.

Happy thanksgiving.

Friend

Re: 24-Nov-11 World View -- Thanksgiving - a time to prepare

Post by Friend »

Hi John:
I think you should have included the conclusion, as that is what Solomon wants to bring to our attention:
"The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God, and keep His commandments; for that is the whole duty of everyone" (12:13).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecclesiastes
With best regards
Friend