29-Dec-11 World View - U.S. threatens Iran with retaliation

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

29-Dec-11 World View - U.S. threatens Iran with retaliation

Post by John »

29-Dec-11 World View -- U.S. Fifth Fleet threatens Iran with retaliation in Strait of Hormuz

Israel's army chief says war with Gaza inevitable

** 29-Dec-11 World View -- U.S. Fifth Fleet threatens Iran with retaliation in Strait of Hormuz
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 29#e111229

Contents:
North Korean people cry 'tears of blood' in choreographed funeral of Kim Jung-il
South Korea sends a military threat message to Kim Jong-Un
U.S. Fifth Fleet threatens Iran with retaliation in Strait of Hormuz
Iran's military details how it will close the Strait of Hormuz
Israel's army chief says war with Gaza inevitable
U.S. and Egypt in secret talks on Israel
Nigerian Christians call Christmas bombings a 'declaration of war'
Samoa will skip a day, as international date line moves
Orthodox priests in Bethlehem attack each other with broomsticks

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, North Korea, Kim Jong-il,
Kim Jong-un, South Korea, Iran, Strait of Hormuz,
U.S. Navy, Fifth Fleet, Ali Khamenei, Israel,
Benny Gantz, Operation Cast Lead, Mohamed ElBaradei, Egypt,
Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, SCAF,
Muslim Brotherhood, Nigeria, Boko Haram,
Samoa, international date line, Greek Orthodox,
Armenian Apostolic, Bethlehem, Church of the Nativity

JimmyZ

Re: 29-Dec-11 World View - U.S. threatens Iran with retalia

Post by JimmyZ »

From the movie The Hunt For Red October...."Jeffrey Pelt: It would be well for your government to consider that having your ships and ours, your aircraft and ours, in such proximity... is inherently DANGEROUS. Wars have begun that way, Mr. Ambassador. "

John

Post by John »

JimmyZ wrote:From the movie The Hunt For Red October...."Jeffrey Pelt: It would be well for your government to consider that having your ships and ours, your aircraft and ours, in such proximity... is inherently DANGEROUS. Wars have begun that way, Mr. Ambassador. "
Absolutely right. This is what analysts mean when they talk about "the
danger of miscalculation."

John

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

I just returned from nearly two months in Korea (I go back and forth and am "home" for the holidays).

As I've stated here before, Korea really is worried (the policy wonks and those in the defense industry) about the rise of China and their increased aggressiveness in the area with their neighbors. They also see that China is slowly but surely occupying north Korea and making it a proxy-state (likely to be integrated with Jilin Province and given some form of anonymity).

People laugh about China's new carrier, but they realize they don't need to dump millions/billions into developing anything other than small carriers that they can use to extend their power throughout Asia. Using bases from north Korea, they have Japan and Korea covered. Using the aircraft carrier (plus the one on the way) will give them control over the South China Sea. Land bases will give them control over Taiwan. China is a real threat that America really needs to start taking seriously.

As for what's going on with Iran, we need to realize that their super-sonic anti-ship missiles gives them a major advantage. Our aircraft carriers are becoming less and less of a global threat force.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”