1-Apr-12 World View -- Smoke and mirrors

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

1-Apr-12 World View -- Smoke and mirrors

Post by John »

1-Apr-12 World View -- Smoke and mirrors in the Syrian peace plan and the 'Mother of all Firewalls'

Politicians try to fool all of the people all of the time.

** 1-Apr-12 World View -- Smoke and mirrors in the Syrian peace plan and the 'Mother of all Firewalls'
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 01#e120401

Contents:
Syrian slaughter continues despite farcical 'peace plan'
OECD calls on Europe to provide to provide a €1 trillion bailout fund
European officials still struggle to create the 'mother of all firewalls'
IMF provides a taxonomy of how governments lie about finances

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Syria, Bashar al-Assad,
Angel Gurria, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development,
OECD, Timothy C Irwin, International Monetary Fund, IMF

Trevor

Re: 1-Apr-12 World View -- Smoke and mirrors

Post by Trevor »

The slaughter in Syria is terrible and getting worse every day. If I didn't know any better, I'd see that this was a crisis civil war. Even though it isn't, I don't see any other way for this to end but by the slaughter of the younger generation. Despite talk, I don't think intervention, at least not direct intervention, is going to happen. The United States is tired of war and many want to ignore the world and take care of our own problems. It reminds me somewhat of the attitude in the years before the strike on Pearl Harbor.

I remember hearing about the Five Stages of Grief. I think this could apply to our current crisis. It seems as if Europe has moved past the denying stage and are deeply into anger and bargaining. "If we do this, if we just pour in enough money, we can fix this. I know we can." There are obvious signs of desperation with this move and I fully expect that this bailout to get even longer. At first, it was 500 billion Euros, now it is a trillion; won't be long before it approaches 2 trillion.

The United States isn't quite as far along, as we're still in the denial phase. We're raising our champagne glasses yet again with the stock market going back up.