15-Apr-12 WV-Easter: Jerusalem lights up with 'Holy Fire'

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

15-Apr-12 WV-Easter: Jerusalem lights up with 'Holy Fire'

Post by John »

15-Apr-12 World View -- For Easter, Jerusalem lights up with the 'Holy Fire' celebration

China demands complete sovereignty over Philippine island

** 15-Apr-12 World View -- For Easter, Jerusalem lights up with the 'Holy Fire' celebration
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 15#e120415

Contents:
For Easter, Jerusalem lights up with the 'Holy Fire' celebration
Thousands of Egyptian Copts visit Jerusalem for Easter ceremony
China demands complete sovereignty over Philippine island
U.N. observers will arrive in Syria on Sunday
Venezuela's Hugo Chavez skips 'Summit of the Americas' over cancer

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Easter, Jerusalem, Holy Fire,
Egypt, Coptic Christians, Pope Shenouda III,
China, Philippines, South China Sea, Scarborough Shoal,
Huangyan Island, United Nations, Syria, Bashar al-Assad,
Organization of American States, Venezuela, Hugo Chávez

OLD1953

Re: 15-Apr-12 WV-Easter: Jerusalem lights up with 'Holy Fire

Post by OLD1953 »

Even just watching on TV, that's a moving ceremony. Someday I'll have to go see it in person.

News this morning says there is progress with Iran on nuclear issues, and they'll be meeting in Bagdhad soon (probably across the street) for another round of discussions. I note that as China grows more aggressive, the nations around them move towards accomodation with the West which they see as the essential counterbalance. Perhaps the movement of Iran to become an ally of the US is under way now, or at least no longer an "impossible" consideration.

Trevor

Re: 15-Apr-12 WV-Easter: Jerusalem lights up with 'Holy Fire

Post by Trevor »

They've said that before, so I'm pretty skeptical of that claim. Their current government isn't going to want to ally with us, at least not at the moment. They would have to be in real serious trouble for them to consider it. Of course, if a more moderate government comes into power, especially since I think it's a fight the younger generation will win, it's a lot more likely.

As for China's neighbors, that doesn't surprise me. Even if they're not real fond of the United States, a Chinese superpower is something they want even less.