19-Jun-12 WV-Britain and America commemorate War of 1812

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

19-Jun-12 WV-Britain and America commemorate War of 1812

Post by John »

19-Jun-12 World View -- Britain and America commemorate War of 1812 with a 'Declaration of Peace'

Panic continues to grow in Europe

** 19-Jun-12 World View -- Britain and America commemorate War of 1812 with a 'Declaration of Peace'
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 19#e120619

Contents:
Britain and America commemorate War of 1812 with a 'Declaration of Peace'
The War of 1812 and the 'Generation Gap'
Afghanistan military equipment may be given to Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan
Ethnic tensions grow between Kyrgyz versus Uzbeks and Russians in Kyrgyzstan
Greece's Antonis Samaras appears close to a three-party coalition
Panic continues to grow in Europe

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, War of 1812, White House, Star-Spangled Banner,
Revolutionary War, Embargo Acts, War Hawks, Francis Scott Key,
Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan,
Greece, Antonis Samaras, New Democracy, Spain, panic

Trevor

Re: 19-Jun-12 WV-Britain and America commemorate War of 1812

Post by Trevor »

From a GD perspective, Britain was in the post-unraveling period, being 62 years after the War of the Spanish Succession. Considering the gap, I think it was possible to enter a crisis war for them, just not from the colonies. Even if they broke away, it wouldn't pose a threat to their existence.

Well, Spain has hit the crucial 7 percent mark, not that I expected otherwise. I looked at their bonding and right now, they're only slightly above junk ratings. Since it seems like every few weeks, someone is Europe is being downgraded, I would expect them to slide to junk by the end of the year.

With the war of 1812, I wonder: what would have happened if they had decided to finish us after defeating Napoleon instead of ending it?

vincecate

Re: 19-Jun-12 WV-Britain and America commemorate War of 1812

Post by vincecate »

Trevor wrote: Well, Spain has hit the crucial 7 percent mark, not that I expected otherwise.
So who all expects the US government bonds to hit the 7% mark in the next 3 years? I do.

Note that 7% of $17 trillion is $1.2 trillion or around half of US total taxes. It should be clear at that point, if not before, that the US will print money for everything. It should also be clear that the value of the money will drop at faster than 7% per year. I think the US bond panic will be long remembered.