1-Aug-12 World View-China tests missile in Tibet, near India

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

1-Aug-12 World View-China tests missile in Tibet, near India

Post by John »

1-Aug-12 World View -- China tests new long-range missile in Tibet, near India border

Euro zone unemployment rate reaches highest on record

** 1-Aug-12 World View -- China tests new long-range missile in Tibet, near India border
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 01#e120801

Contents:
Japan expresses concern over China's military buildup
China tests new long-range missile in Tibet, near India border
Syria's chemical weapons threat raises Israelis' fears of war
Droughts in Russia, Australia and U.S. push food prices to recordss
Euro zone unemployment rate reaches highest on record

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Japan, China, People's Liberation Army, PLA,
Tibet, India, Syria, Bashar al-Assad, chemical weapons, Israel,
Hizbollah, Russia, drought, Australia, wheat prices,
eurozone, unemployment, Spain

Trevor

Re: 1-Aug-12 World View-China tests missile in Tibet, near I

Post by Trevor »

Yep, everything's already set up for a major war. All we need now is a trigger.

However, I will point out something. I don't think that the Middle East going up in flames will necessarily spread everywhere else. It'll certainly be damaging and cost a lot of lives, but I don't think it'll be a world war. The only way I can see that is if China decides to take advantage of our distraction to grab Taiwan, the Philippines, or some other country in the Pacific Ocean.

sarahS4621

Post by sarahS4621 »

Trevor wrote:Yep, everything's already set up for a major war. All we need now is a trigger.

However, I will point out something. I don't think that the Middle East going up in flames will necessarily spread everywhere else. It'll certainly be damaging and cost a lot of lives, but I don't think it'll be a world war. The only way I can see that is if China decides to take advantage of our distraction to grab Taiwan, the Philippines, or some other country in the Pacific Ocean.
Do we really even need a trigger? Everyone is so quick to jump to fight before trying to resolve our issues that it can happen without any outside influences. I don't see China taking advantage of our distraction but I do see some other country that no one expects to.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

At this point, probably not. I was just saying that things have gotten to the point where something small can spiral completely out of control.