5-Sep-12 WV-Economic deterioration continues globally

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

5-Sep-12 WV-Economic deterioration continues globally

Post by John »

5-Sep-12 World View -- Economic deterioration continues in America, Europe and China

Turkey's government flails over issues of Syrian refugees and PKK attacks

** 5-Sep-12 World View -- Economic deterioration continues in America, Europe and China
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 05#e120905

Contents:
Turkey's government flails over issues of Syrian refugees and PKK attacks
U.S. manufacturing contracts at sharpest rate in over three years
New study explains why this financial crisis is worse than previous recessions
China's economy continues to deteriorate, threatening social unrest
German export orders fall sharply in August

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Syria,
Ahmet Davutoglu, Kurdistan Workers’ Party, PKK, Iraq, Iran,
manufacturing, China, Germany

OLD1953

Re: 5-Sep-12 WV-Economic deterioration continues globally

Post by OLD1953 »

This article on Iraq is of interest.

http://www.cp24.com/world/culture-clash ... s-1.940372

And I'm going to point out here and now that Iraq does NOT and did NOT have a "norm" of wearing Islamic traditional dress. Saddam didn't enforce such a thing as far as I know, and I'm pretty sure that's right. Older people may prefer the younger to dress in such a fashion, but that wasn't enforced by anything but custom, again, AFAIK.

It's going to be interesting when China seizes all those foreign owned factories. Will WalMart survive? Will any of the big box stores survive?

Marc

Post by Marc »

OLD1953 wrote:It's going to be interesting when China seizes all those foreign owned factories. Will WalMart survive? Will any of the big box stores survive?
Very, very relevant and poignant for the investor, OLD. Before investors slap Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. into the realm of depression-proof, disaster-proof investments, they do need to think long and hard about all the Chinese supplying and outsourcing of the company, not to mention all those Chinese stores that Walmart has. When things really start to get economically (and geopolitically) mean, it may pay to not only buy American, but to "invest American," too. Thanks for sharing! —Best regards, Marc

John

Post by John »

OLD1953 wrote:This article on Iraq is of interest.

http://www.cp24.com/world/culture-clash ... s-1.940372

And I'm going to point out here and now that Iraq does NOT and did NOT have a "norm" of wearing Islamic traditional dress. Saddam didn't enforce such a thing as far as I know, and I'm pretty sure that's right. Older people may prefer the younger to dress in such a fashion, but that wasn't enforced by anything but custom, again, AFAIK.

This is fascinating Awakening era stuff. Remember hot pants in the 1960s? And Iran's
mullahs have been trying to get women in line for several years.