23-Sep-12 WV-Religious conflict rises around the world

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

23-Sep-12 WV-Religious conflict rises around the world

Post by John »

23-Sep-12 World View -- Religious conflict on the rise around the world

Why has Wall Street not been held accountable for financial crisis crimes?

** 23-Sep-12 World View -- Religious conflict on the rise around the world
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 23#e120923

Contents:
Restrictions on religion, and religious conflicts, on the rise globally
Why has Wall Street not been held accountable for financial crisis crimes?

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Pew Research, religion, Switzerland,
Indonesia, Wall Street, Chris Swecker

OLD1953

Re: 23-Sep-12 WV-Religious conflict rises around the world

Post by OLD1953 »

We cannot recover until one of two things happens, the laws are changed and ENFORCED so that many bankster/fraud artists go to jail, or we collapse so totally that they no longer have money to buy the politicians. The latter seems probable.

That's why it works the way it does, and buying the elections is why public funding of elections is totally demonized, because it would stop the constant campaigning and flow of money to the media centers.

There are some items considered of too much importance to society to allow money to be made from them, we don't allow people to make money by selling children into slavery (though I can support that with quotes from the Bible), we don't allow people to make money from selling heroin, we don't allow murder for hire, and we should not allow elections for profit, because it's selling our government to the highest bidder.

John

Post by John »

OLD1953 wrote:There are some items considered of too much importance to society to allow money to be made from them, we don't allow people to make money by selling children into slavery (though I can support that with quotes from the Bible), we don't allow people to make money from selling heroin, we don't allow murder for hire, and we should not allow elections for profit, because it's selling our government to the highest bidder.
But since making money from selling children into slavery, or selling heroin,
or murder for hire is very common, why should we care about something
so minor as selling our government to the highest bidder? Does it even
make any difference?

mannfm11

Post by mannfm11 »

old1953, that is what elections have been about since they started. Throw out the government history books and read the real stuff sometime. That was the state is, an organized crime syndicate. Just, it is much worse at some times than others.

You might note the 1980's S&L mess, together with a lot of big banks going down as well. There were quite a few politicians in Texas, including House Speaker Jim Wright that were tied up in the mess. Recall Neil Bush and the Colorado S&L and the Keating 5, which included John McCain. I bet half of Congress and a good portion of the executive branch of government would be impeached today if they broke into this stuff. I might also add that Goldman Sachs has largely controlled the Democratic Party since FDR, along with Brown Harriman. American politics is largely a battle between financial interests. I believe this is one reason the founding fathers meant for politics to be local and not national. Lincoln, who was a railroad lawyer, changed all of that. We have left the idea of a Constitutional Republic a million miles in the rear view mirror and are much closer to the systems set up in Europe by the Axis powers than most of us care to believe.

Raynote

Post by Raynote »

"Restrictions on religion, and religious conflicts, on the rise globally"

And where do Atheists stand during a crisis era? Do they count for nothing?

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

OLD1953 wrote:We cannot recover until one of two things happens, the laws are changed and ENFORCED so that many bankster/fraud artists go to jail, or we collapse so totally that they no longer have money to buy the politicians. The latter seems probable.
I would sort of reverse that. As long as the politicians can buy votes with newly made money, we will not recover. So we will collapse totally where US money becomes worthless and US politicians can no longer buy votes.

John

Post by John »

Dear Raymonde,
Raynote wrote: > "Restrictions on religion, and religious conflicts, on the rise
> globally"

> And where do Atheists stand during a crisis era? Do they count for
> nothing?"
Well, I've heard of Christian crusades, and Muslim jihads,
or sectarian wars between Protestants and Catholics
or between Sunnis and Shias. But I've never heard of
an atheist crusade, or an atheist jihad, or sectarian wars
between different kinds of atheists, so I guess that atheists
don't matter.

John

gerald

Post by gerald »

John wrote:Dear Raymonde,
Raynote wrote: > "Restrictions on religion, and religious conflicts, on the rise
> globally"

> And where do Atheists stand during a crisis era? Do they count for
> nothing?"
Well, I've heard of Christian crusades, and Muslim jihads,
or sectarian wars between Protestants and Catholics
or between Sunnis and Shias. But I've never heard of
an atheist crusade, or an atheist jihad, or sectarian wars
between different kinds of atheists, so I guess that atheists
don't matter.

John
Hmm - Atheists don't matter?

Atheists can very much get in your face and be quite antagonistic about things. Also they can act as catalysts causing problems for others. Like Marx and Lenin http://sfr-21.org/lenin-religion.html "Religion is opium for the people."

So where do Atheists fit in? Potential catalysts maybe? Marx and Lenin caused a bit of a stir.

In contrast to the Atheists you have the more individual and private Spiritualists and Wiccan http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_beli.htm practitioners of a form of so called witch craft.
Spiritualists, Wiccan and Agnostics tend to be more tolerant and truth seeking then many/most members of organized religion.

But it is true, organized religion is a major cause of problems and hostility among people, --- organized religion is part of the over all matrix of control, conflict and suppression of humanity for the benefit of the few..