9-Oct-12 WV-Mitt Romney advocates sending weapons to Syria

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

9-Oct-12 WV-Mitt Romney advocates sending weapons to Syria

Post by John »

9-Oct-12 World View -- Mitt Romney advocates sending weapons to Syrian opposition fighters

Thousands of people in Mideast threatened with losing Canadian residency rights

** 9-Oct-12 World View -- Mitt Romney advocates sending weapons to Syrian opposition fighters
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 09#e121009

Contents:
Massive security planned for Merkel's visit to Athens Greece
Supporters of alleged rapist Julian Assange ordered to forfeit $150,000 bail money
Mitt Romney advocates sending weapons to Syrian opposition fighters
Thousands of people in Mideast threatened with losing Canadian residency rights

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Greece, Antonis Samaras, Germany, Angela Merkel,
Syriza, Alexis Tsipras, Julian Assange, Mitt Romney, Syria,
Canada

OLD1953

Re: 9-Oct-12 WV-Mitt Romney advocates sending weapons to Syr

Post by OLD1953 »

Obama might start talking tough about Syria as a response. In countries with elections you can see the politicians push each other towards war, in countries without elections it all happens in secret meetings, but the wars happen just the same.

Chinese communications corps accused of spying on US.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087 ... 13734.html

Just a side note here, I find it very interesting that the WSJ almost never uses the word communist in articles about China. This must be some kind of policy at the journal. A quick check at Wikipedia reveals Huawei classifies itself as a collective. Not many years ago that would have brought out the firebreathers. It just seems very odd to me that the conservative flagship business journal seems determined to ignore communism. Reminds me of the pre WWII days when a number of US organizations said "Hitler is our guy in Europe".

Here's some odd news you could use I suppose. LOL.

http://living.msn.com/love-relationship ... 31bc7b0c60

NoOneImportant

Re: 9-Oct-12 WV-Mitt Romney advocates sending weapons to Syr

Post by NoOneImportant »

...I will work with our partners to identify and organize those members of the opposition who share our values...
A nice thought. But the true underlying question is: do any of these crazies share our values? We are living in a truly unusual time, as few realize that the lion's share of those who come from the Middle East want nothing other than our deaths - they are without equivocation not "just like us."

I grew up in Dearborn, Michigan, and went to Fordson High School, it was almost 1/3 Muslim in the mid 1960s, and is virtually 100% Muslim now - Dearborn has the largest Muslim community in America. Not knowing a lot at the time, I found Muslims to be generally belligerent, and prone to instigate conflict. I later got a second dose of Muslims as I spent a year in rural Turkey - the most advanced of the Muslim nations - before, during, and after the six day Arab-Israeli war in 1967; a war which Turkey prudently refrained from participating in, although tensions ran high in Turkey for Turkey to enter on the Arab side. That year was an experience directly out of the 10th century. It is strange how clearly I remember what took place at the end of that year almost a life time ago: as I was exiting Turkey, I quietly mused as I gazed out the window of the airplane that was lifting off from Ankara airport: "... now I understand what took place in high school; ... if these people ever get money the world is in deep trouble."

Well now they have money and like a cancer they have spread to the west - everyone believing in the ridiculous myth: "... they're just like us." To understand their mind set it needs to be understood that they hate simply for the sake of hating - if one cannot build, one can certainly destroy. The mind set is foreign to westerners, but there are analogs; the closest thing that we have that might help us to understand this mind set is the Hatfield and McCoy feud - one hates the other simply because they are. So why should you care?

Because Romney is making the same foundational mistake all westerners make. He/they believe that those raised in the Middle East are just like us. But they aren't just like us, there is no foundational cultural impetus to create. They do not have an ingrained Judeo - Christian cultural, moral, and philosophical mental underpinning. They come from a culture where feuds last for hundreds, and sometimes thousands of years - the rational is to hate just because they are. There is no geographic mixing, there is no dissipation of antipathy over time, there is no greater cause to be aspired to - the society is tribal in the most primitive sense of the word - a fact that explains their abject failure or desire to assimilate. And thus it must be clearly understood: they are not just like us.