24-Oct-12 World View -- Qatar breaks Gaza blockade

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Reality Check

Re: 24-Oct-12 World View -- Qatar breaks Gaza blockade

Post by Reality Check »

shoshin wrote:wow, John, I can't figure if you are really clueless, or you've just spent too much time among the Breitbartians...Chris Matthews is right on target...
Anyone who can listen to Chris Matthews and conclude that he is someone who should be cited in supporting a position you wish to have taken seriously, is inviting just the opposite reaction.

It does not matter if Chris Mathews is spouting positions of the left, or the right, just watching him for a few hours would convince any reasonable person that he is neither trustworthy nor stable. Liars do not lie all the time. But once it is clear someone routinely lies, then nothing coming out of their mouth can ever be fully trusted. Chris is such a person.

As John says, not all racists are in one political party, and not all habitual liars are in one political party.

Chris Mathews, is however, a poster child for both racists and liars. By associating yourself with his veracity and his racism you are not doing yourself any favors.

John

Post by John »

Reality Check wrote:
Guest wrote:
Regarding the "Golden Dawn" they exist as a reaction against something "real". For people to dismiss them as " ignorant bigoted wacko's" is shorted sighted. The Golden Dawn appears to be reacting to "something", either in the only way they know how ,due to ignorance, OR, and the more likely, because all other nonviolent options are blocked. Same old, same old.

gerald
Which is the only reason Golden Dawn is worth mentioning.

They have only token representation in elected positions.

But, when the Greek police are referring people to Golden Dawn, as an alternative to seeking help from the police or the legal system, then one must assume the legal and political system is so broken in Greece,that the police are seeking help from alternatives to the official government, for the purposes of keeping the peace and maintaining public order.

It is exactly because Golden Dawn is a symptom of Greek Societal and Governmental decay that they are important.

That's exactly right. Hitler was a reaction to "something real" as well.
What we're seeing is a growing resurgence of Naziism. But I'm glad that
you're keeping your blood pressure under control by calming yourself
down, Gerald.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

SouthernGentleman wrote:Yes being a southerner I too see and hear the same racist remarks everyday from ultra right wingers. In the south there are a very few moderate republicans and even fewer that could ever align to the center of politics.
Moderate Republicans and Conservative Democrats are the middle in the south.

Liberal Democrats in the south are a politically extreme minority.

But to suggest that the majority of Republicans in the south are racist ultra right wingers, stands on it's own as a an example of extreme racism and extreme bigotry.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

John wrote:
Reality Check wrote:
Guest wrote:
Regarding the "Golden Dawn" they exist as a reaction against something "real". For people to dismiss them as " ignorant bigoted wacko's" is shorted sighted. The Golden Dawn appears to be reacting to "something", either in the only way they know how ,due to ignorance, OR, and the more likely, because all other nonviolent options are blocked. Same old, same old.

gerald

But I'm glad that
down, Gerald.
Just for the record, the person above posting as guest, and signing his post with "Gerald", is in no way related to "Reality Check".

I doubt John intended to imply that, but if he did, he is simply mistaken.

John

Post by John »

I didn't think you were. I assume that "gerald" is the actual
"Gerald" who is a member of this forum, and who has
told me to "calm down" before.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:I didn't think you were. I assume that "gerald" is the actual
Yes John, I am that gerald, but John I seem to have run into a "computer problem" that when I post, my name is rejected, I guess my "past" is showing through again. I do not need to be told to calm down for I do look at things from a much longer perspective or "experience".
gerald

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote:
John wrote:I didn't think you were. I assume that "gerald" is the actual
Yes John, I am that gerald, but John I seem to have run into a "computer problem" that when I post, my name is rejected, I guess my "past" is showing through again. I do not need to be told to calm down for I do look at things from a much longer perspective or "experience".
gerald

When you post in this sub-forum without logging in then you're a
guest, and you're not permitted to use the name of an existing
forum member, in this case "Gerald". This is to prevent other
people from pretending to be you. If you want to post
under your own name, then you have to log in first.

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
Reality Check wrote:
Guest wrote:

gerald

They have only token representation in elected positions.

But, when the Greek police are referring people to Golden Dawn, as an alternative to seeking help from the police or the legal system, then one must assume the legal and political system is so broken in Greece,that the police are seeking help from alternatives to the official government, for the purposes of keeping the peace and maintaining public order.

It is exactly because Golden Dawn is a symptom of Greek Societal and Governmental decay that they are important.

That's exactly right. Hitler was a reaction to "something real" as well.
What we're seeing is a growing resurgence of Naziism. But I'm glad that
down, Gerald.

Regarding the Nazi's rise to power, there appears to be more to the story then is generally believed. A few statements from about only five minutes of speeches in an almost two hour film " Triumph of the Will" a 1934 Nazi propaganda film showing -- 100's of thousands of marching military personal ,100's of thousands of ecstatic people Sieg Heiling, and the obligatory well dressed little girls giving flowers to a smiling and loving Hitler --paraphrasing from original sub titles.---

to be a German you must work, if you do not work, you are not German --- in front of 50,000 men with shovels set to build roads --- hmmm
newspapers rise and fall with the truth ----- how interesting!
laws are to be equal for everyone ----- they weren't?
German society will not have social casts ---- casts like in India?

What was really going on to allow Hitler to come to power?