15-Nov-12 WV-Hamas vows revenge as Israel Gaza attack

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

15-Nov-12 WV-Hamas vows revenge as Israel Gaza attack

Post by John »

15-Nov-12 World View -- Hamas vows revenge as Israel begins military operation in Gaza

Europe-wide anti-austerity marches turning violent in Spain and Portugal

** 15-Nov-12 World View -- Hamas vows revenge as Israel begins military operation in Gaza
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 15#e121115

Contents:
Israel launches military operation in Gaza
Hamas says that Israel 'Opened the gates of hell on itself'
U.N. security council and Arab League plan emergency sessions
Europe-wide anti-austerity marches turning violent in Spain and Portugal

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Israel, Gaza, Islamic Jihad, Benjamin Netanyahu,
Gilad Shalit, Ahmed Jabari, Hamas, Egypt, Hosni Mubarak,
Security Council, Arab League, Portugal, Spain

OLD1953

Re: 15-Nov-12 WV-Hamas vows revenge as Israel Gaza attack

Post by OLD1953 »

I'm sure the Syrians and Iranians are gleeful, as this will take attention off them for a while.

Why anyone would expect Israel to sit still for bombs landing on their territory is beyond my understanding, but not apparently that of the Arab League.

The strikes in the US will become huge soon, we are not immune. Declarations by business leaders that "we got a loophole in the law, and we are going to punish Obama and the voting public by using it" will accomplish nothing but ratchet up the anger and hatred. Rich is on track to becoming a swear word again, as it was in the 30's. I had hopes that we'd show some trace of sense soon, but I fear reason has left the public discourse, there's only anger now. This will not end well for anyone.

Trevor

Re: 15-Nov-12 WV-Hamas vows revenge as Israel Gaza attack

Post by Trevor »

I just have one question: will this fizzle out or will it escalate into an all-out war? Based on the latest news I've read, the Israelis are considering turning this into a ground invasion in addition to air strikes. Egypt is also threatening to intervene in this conflict as well.