27-Nov-12 World View -- Egypt's 'Hope and Change' candidate

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Ron

27-Nov-12 World View -- Egypt's 'Hope and Change' candidate

Post by Ron »

In the section 'Another farcical climate change conference begins in Doha, Qatar' you state: " I believe everything that I write about on my web site, and I've made enormous changes in my life in the last ten years as a result.". Have you written anything about the changes you have made that you could point me to, or else could you elaborate a little about what changes you've made?

Thanks.

OLD1953

Re: 27-Nov-12 World View -- Egypt's 'Hope and Change' candid

Post by OLD1953 »

While I doubt the Antarctic claims for two reasons, one that its a short period and the other that I strongly suspect cherrypicking the data, I sincerely hope that it's not indicating a real cooling in the Antarctic. If we have cooling in the Antarctic and warming in the Northern Hemisphere, that's an indicator that surface ocean currents are not moderating things as they have been, and that would be about the worst news you could get on any weather related issue. And if he's claiming cooling in the Antarctic is holding things steady, then the obverse is that we must have warming in the North.

So I really hope this is just someone fudging the numbers. If it was real, well, the Navy studied what those currents do quite a few years ago, and I read that report. It would be much worse than a few feet of sea level rise and a few more hurricanes. Go hunt for that Navy report, it isn't classified. (It's kind of funny that the ecos are saying it can't be real because it's denying warming, while the corps are saying it's proof the climate will be just ducky. As usual, they've all got it wrong.)

Morsi is sending many confusing signals. It gets hard not to degenerate into conspiracy theories in discussing these events, obviously he's not acting alone, but is there support from foreign entities or not? Who benefits and who does not? Speculation is rife in such environments.

gerald

Post by gerald »

OLD1953 wrote:While I doubt the Antarctic claims for two reasons, one that its a short period and the other that I strongly suspect cherrypicking the data, I sincerely hope that it's not indicating a real cooling in the Antarctic. If we have cooling in the Antarctic and warming in the Northern Hemisphere, that's an indicator that surface ocean currents are not moderating things as they have been, and that would be about the worst news you could get on any weather related issue. And if he's claiming cooling in the Antarctic is holding things steady, then the obverse is that we must have warming in the North.

So I really hope this is just someone fudging the numbers. If it was real, well, the Navy studied what those currents do quite a few years ago, and I read that report. It would be much worse than a few feet of sea level rise and a few more hurricanes. Go hunt for that Navy report, it isn't classified. (It's kind of funny that the ecos are saying it can't be real because it's denying warming, while the corps are saying it's proof the climate will be just ducky. As usual, they've all got it wrong.)

Morsi is sending many confusing signals. It gets hard not to degenerate into conspiracy theories in discussing these events, obviously he's not acting alone, but is there support from foreign entities or not? Who benefits and who does not? Speculation is rife in such environments.
Why not degenerate into conspiracy theories? it may make more sense.

con·spir·a·cy/kənˈspirəsē/
Noun:
A secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
The action of plotting or conspiring.
Synonyms:
plot - cabal - scheme - intrigue - collusion

John

Post by John »

Dear Ron,
Ron wrote: > In the section 'Another farcical climate change conference begins
> in Doha, Qatar' you state: " I believe everything that I write
> about on my web site, and I've made enormous changes in my life in
> the last ten years as a result.". Have you written anything about
> the changes you have made that you could point me to, or else
> could you elaborate a little about what changes you've
> made?
A lot of that is personal, and I haven't written much about it,
except that I sold my condo in 2005, at the height of the
real estate bubble, because I knew that the bubble would have
to burst soon, and I've lived in apartments ever since.

In terms of advice, what I tell people to do is to get out of the
stock market and put your money into FDIC insured bank accounts. If
you live in a house, it's also good to hide some cash in the basement,
and to stock up on enough canned food, water and candles to survive a
month or so. I'm not talking about going crazy and building nuclear
war bunkers. I'm only saying to take reasonable precautions that get
you and your family through a brief period of time until you have the
opportunity to decide what to do next.

If you don't mind spending an hour or so, then read the entire
Financial Topics thread, going back to 2008, as it contains many
discussions about how to survive.
http://generationaldynamics.com/forum/v ... p?f=14&t=2

gerald

Post by gerald »

John:

A number of times I have come across and interesting investment philosophy - ABCD = Anything Bernanke Can't Destroy