1-Apr-10 News - New suicide bombings in Russia's Caucasus

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

1-Apr-10 News - New suicide bombings in Russia's Caucasus

Post by John »

1-Apr-10 News - New suicide bombings in Russia's Caucasus region

** 1-Apr-10 News - New suicide bombings in Russia's Caucasus region
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 01#e100401

Contents:
"Congress calls CEOs on the carpet after health care writedowns are announced"
"Why is no one jailed for 'mortgage fraud epidemic'?"
"New suicide bombings in Russia's Caucasus region"
"Additional Links"

Tom Acre

Re: 1-Apr-10 News - New suicide bombings in Russia's Caucasus

Post by Tom Acre »

"...Henry Waxman today is calling on the carpet companies that are doing what's required by law in informing investors of increases taxes resulting from the health care bill. Waxman would presumably be happier if these companies broke the law, since their breaking the law would serve his current political purposes..."
This is a perfect example of the bad Boomer management that has led to our current crisis. Not all, but too many Boomers lead this way, and somehow, I haven't figured it out, they convince themselves that they are actually correct and everyone and everything else is wrong. Its like they are in a fantasy world where if anything goes wrong with THEIR plan, someone else is conspiring to ruin them, someone else is wrong, someone else is incompetent, everything else... It just couldn't possibly be that THEY don't understand what's happening and the complexity of the issues (systems) they're making decisions about.
"...I can't prove it, but I believe that investigations will show that congressmen like Henry Waxman and Barney Frank would have called on the carpet any FBI investigator that interfered with illegal activities in the housing industry, and would have said that any such investigator was racist and sexist. That's why regulators could not prosecute crimes that they knew were being committed; because congressmen like Waxman and Frank, who must also have been aware that crimes were being committed, did not want the crimes prosecuted for political reasons..."
Yes, this is the bad Boomer manager's S.O.P. If it (or anyone) gets in THEIR way, its to be changed or done away with, and everyone else has to deal with the fallout, which they don't see or consider. And as Boomers started taking over in the early to mid '90's, we can rest assured that (where the bad Boomers lead) their organizations have been shaped in such a way as to ENABLE these sociopathic decisions.

In this specific case, once they realize that they are so obviously wrong and can't solve it by bullying, my guess is that they'll try to change the accounting regulations.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Tom Acre wrote:
"...Henry Waxman today is calling on the carpet companies that are doing what's required by law in informing investors of increases taxes resulting from the health care bill. Waxman would presumably be happier if these companies broke the law, since their breaking the law would serve his current political purposes..."
This is a perfect example of the bad Boomer management that has led to our current crisis. Not all, but too many Boomers lead this way, and somehow, I haven't figured it out, they convince themselves that they are actually correct and everyone and everything else is wrong. Its like they are in a fantasy world where if anything goes wrong with THEIR plan, someone else is conspiring to ruin them, someone else is wrong, someone else is incompetent, everything else... It just couldn't possibly be that THEY don't understand what's happening and the complexity of the issues (systems) they're making decisions about.
"...I can't prove it, but I believe that investigations will show that congressmen like Henry Waxman and Barney Frank would have called on the carpet any FBI investigator that interfered with illegal activities in the housing industry, and would have said that any such investigator was racist and sexist. That's why regulators could not prosecute crimes that they knew were being committed; because congressmen like Waxman and Frank, who must also have been aware that crimes were being committed, did not want the crimes prosecuted for political reasons..."
Yes, this is the bad Boomer manager's S.O.P. If it (or anyone) gets in THEIR way, its to be changed or done away with, and everyone else has to deal with the fallout, which they don't see or consider. And as Boomers started taking over in the early to mid '90's, we can rest assured that (where the bad Boomers lead) their organizations have been shaped in such a way as to ENABLE these sociopathic decisions.

In this specific case, once they realize that they are so obviously wrong and can't solve it by bullying, my guess is that they'll try to change the accounting regulations.
They think this way because they are, frankly, just immature. Mentally, they've never grown up and they still act as they did when they were children railing against their parents. They have to have their way or it's just unfair!

We can see this in most Boomers and DEFINITELY in all Lefty Liberals. They can say what they want, but if you don't agree, you're just an unfair, racist, homophobic, radical, Christian idiot that is fomenting violence.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Tom Acre

Post by Tom Acre »

thomasglee wrote:
They think this way because they are, frankly, just immature. Mentally, they've never grown up and they still act as they did when they were children railing against their parents. They have to have their way or it's just unfair!

We can see this in most Boomers and DEFINITELY in all Lefty Liberals. They can say what they want, but if you don't agree, you're just an unfair, racist, homophobic, radical, Christian idiot that is fomenting violence.
As an aside, when I posted "bad Boomer management", I didn't mean ALL, but a portion perhaps one-third or more of Boomers in leadership positions, for instance Waxman and Frank and many I've met in business. And it seems the greater the authority, the greater the proportion of the bad-type one finds. As John pointed out in this case, if a group of bad ones lead the organization, they throw out honest reliable procedures, substitute their own, and force everyone to fall in line with their "new and wonderful" plan that is usually just a bunch of slip-shod short-cuts and is almost always a disaster waiting to happen. What was done in the past and what works, is what they hate most of all.

Immaturity? Partly perhaps, but its much more complicated than that. It seems as though these Boomers have built their organizations into personal fantastic bubbles (there's that word again) filled with Boomers of like mind and X'ers who are mercenary enough to enable the Boomers' fantasies for their narrow self interest.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

Tom Acre wrote:As an aside, when I posted "bad Boomer management", I didn't mean ALL, but a portion perhaps one-third or more of Boomers in leadership positions, for instance Waxman and Frank and many I've met in business. And it seems the greater the authority, the greater the proportion of the bad-type one finds. As John pointed out in this case, if a group of bad ones lead the organization, they throw out reliable procedures, substitute their own, and force everyone to fall in line with their "new and wonderful" plan that is usually just a bunch of slip-shod short-cuts and is almost always a disaster waiting to happen. What was done in the past and what works, is what they hate most of all.

Immaturity? Partly perhaps, but its much more complicated that that. It seems as though these Boomers have built their organizations into personal fantastic bubbles (there's that word again) filled with Boomers of like mind and X'ers who are mercenary enough to enable the Boomers' fantasies for their narrow self interest.
I say "immature" because their tactics (including their building their personal fantastic bubbles) is akin to the schoolyard "King of the Hill" game or schoolyard "cliques". Maturity means doing what is right, even when it isn't necessarily going to enrich you. Well, anyway, that's what I was always taught. Seriously though, when you see someone stick to their guns no matter what; in most cases they remind one of a small child insisting they have their way. That's how I see it.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

9_eU4oMpoNP

Post by 9_eU4oMpoNP »

How is it possible that so many crimes were committed by so many people in so many different companies, and everyone looked the other way? How is that even possible? It must be generational, because it would not have happened prior to the 2000s decade.
As a point of historical accuracy, the FBI didn't prosecute the S&L crisis before the political theater started.

Second, the FBI's white collar crime resources were drained after 9/11. Virtually all resources went to combating terrorism. This was a two-pronged attack. The financial industry didn't want regulation (and politicians were more than happy to help for campaign contributions). The politicians wanted to look tough on terrorism. The easiest answer was to shift the vast majority of resources to counter-terrorism.

I think you should guard against, to paraphrase H.L. Mencken, the answer that is neat, plausible, and wrong.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

9_eU4oMpoNP wrote:
How is it possible that so many crimes were committed by so many people in so many different companies, and everyone looked the other way? How is that even possible? It must be generational, because it would not have happened prior to the 2000s decade.
As a point of historical accuracy, the FBI didn't prosecute the S&L crisis before the political theater started.

Second, the FBI's white collar crime resources were drained after 9/11. Virtually all resources went to combating terrorism. This was a two-pronged attack. The financial industry didn't want regulation (and politicians were more than happy to help for campaign contributions). The politicians wanted to look tough on terrorism. The easiest answer was to shift the vast majority of resources to counter-terrorism.

I think you should guard against, to paraphrase H.L. Mencken, the answer that is neat, plausible, and wrong.
The S&L crises was the first "boomer" crises created and run by themselves and should have been an example for what they would/could do with an accomplice (Gen-Xers). We forget that many from the S&L crisis were never prosecuted. including the Clintons.

VinceP1974

Post by VinceP1974 »

thomasglee wrote:

I say this to add to what everyone has said.. not to contradict..

Tammy Bruce calls them Malignant Narcissists.. I think she's right

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

VinceP1974 wrote:Tammy Bruce calls them Malignant Narcissists.. I think she's right
I totally agree... Childish, immature malignant narcissists. All those verbs flow together pretty naturally anyway! :lol:

VinceP1974

Post by VinceP1974 »

thomasglee wrote:
VinceP1974 wrote:Tammy Bruce calls them Malignant Narcissists.. I think she's right
I totally agree... Childish, immature malignant narcissists. All those verbs flow together pretty naturally anyway! :lol:
You should make an Insult Thesuarus.