22-Apr-10 News -- Controversy over Arizona immigration law

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Post by John »

** 22-Apr-10 News -- Controversy over Arizona immigration law
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 22#e100422

Contents:
"Proposed Arizona immigration law sparks international controversity"
"Greece's problems spread to Spain and Portgual"
"Additional Links"

Jonathan

Re: 22-Apr-10 News -- Controversy over Arizona immigration law

Post by Jonathan »

John,

You mentioned that you have sleep apnea. There's a cure for that with a reasonably high effectiveness rate: low-carb eating.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/unca ... k-of-that/

Best,
Jonathan

Post by Guest »

A nation protecting itself and its citizens by enforcing Immigration laws (already on the books) against ILLEGAL intruders is "xenophobia that leads to wars?"

HUH? WTF?

Same thing that's going on in the EU and Britain with Islam?

Hahahaha! ARE YOU FOR REAL? How can any one be so STUPID?

Wow, talk about the TOTAL CREDIBILITY DESTRUCTION of your website AND your little GENERATIONAL DYNAMICS "theory."

Well, I guess I wont be wasting any more valuable time here...

QUACK, QUACK!

The Grey Badger

Post by The Grey Badger »

Oh, such lovely manners! What a high level of discourse! What facility of expression! You, sir, are to be congratulated! :lol:

VinceP1974

Post by VinceP1974 »

On the level of substance, I would tend to agree somewhat with the Guest. Saying that being against illegals or being against the Islamization of Europe is a sign of xenophobia is just silly.

Europe has been fighting against its Islamization for 1,400 years and then gave up after WWII and now find themselves colonized.

gerald

Post by gerald »

VinceP1974 wrote:On the level of substance, I would tend to agree somewhat with the Guest. Saying that being against illegals or being against the Islamization of Europe is a sign of xenophobia is just silly.

Europe has been fighting against its Islamization for 1,400 years and then gave up after WWII and now find themselves colonized.
This colonization could be viewed as part of a global control structure designed to prevent individual thought.

ridgel

Post by ridgel »

A nation protecting itself and its citizens by enforcing Immigration laws (already on the books) against ILLEGAL intruders is "xenophobia that leads to wars?"

I agree with your sentiment, but I think John is right here. Whether you call the trend xenophobia or self-preservation, it is increasing. It was nearly impossible ten years ago to discuss limiting immigration, even illegal immigration, without being accused of racism. And people living outside of the South West didn't understand it at all. But now any article on illegal immigration in the newspaper gets hundreds of comments with at least a 5:1 ratio in favor of enforcement. That's a sea-change of opinion. And it was starting before the economy turned down, although the recession made it much stronger.

Mexico is in a world of hurt. Their three main export revenue sources, oil, remittances, and tourism are all way off. Because of the decline in their main Cantarell field, they may become oil importers in the next few years. Remittances are way off, I've seen estimates of 20-30% as Mexicans formerly employed in construction and hospitality are layed off. And tourism has been hurt by both the recession and the drug violence. Speaking of drug violence, that's just about the only viable industry left for the common Mexican at this point. And cities like Ciudad Juarez, just south of El Paso, are basically in open warfare at this point.