7-Jun-10 News -- Globally, May was a month of ominous events

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Post by John »

** 7-Jun-10 News -- Globally, May was a month of ominous events
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 07#e100607

Contents:
"Home sales in May apparently fell sharply as home buyer tax credit ended"
"A month of ominous events"
"A catastrophe of 'biblical proportions'"
"More on Generational Dynamics predictions"
"Additional links"
Normandy ceremonies mark 66th anniversary of D-Day
Corruption in Africa for World Cup soccer championships
S. Korean left concocts fantastical stories about Cheonan sinking
Flanders demands independence from Wallonia in Belgium

jwfid

Re: 7-Jun-10 News -- Globally, May was a month of ominous events

Post by jwfid »

That leaves the "big ones," the predictions of major financial crisis and world war, and related predictions. What I'm afraid of is that all of these will come true almost simultaneously through a domino effect. When that happens, I guess that it will really prove that Generational Dynamics predictions are valid, but I don't know how many of us, including me, will be around long to see it.
Over the last year or so, I would check the news and favorite blogs maybe four or five times a day, but in the last month or two I've found myself checking in on them at least every hour or so. It seems as if significant events are happening with more frequency and greater magnitude every day. You may be right about the simultaneous WW3 and final financial collapse. Imagine what would happen if North Korea attacked tomorrow, captured Seoul by noon, and dropped a nuke on Japan. EOWAWKI in a heartbeat.

The speed of deterioration in Turkey / Israel relations is so surprising! A couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have believed that war between the two would even be discussed seriously.

By the way, I hope you're wrong too.

Good luck everyone,

Joe

asher

Post by asher »

It is amazing how quickly things are deteriorating. You see it falling like a line of dominoes.

In the last few years, I have learned how to filter out the noise of the talking heads and focus on the underlying climate (both socially and financially). You watch the changes occur before your eyes and yet realize everyone else is either too ignorant to see it OR too scared to believe it. Some days I feel like Linus (charlie brown) waiting for the great pumpkin to arrive while everyone else is trick or treating. The financial Tsunami that is about to occur is going to ruin many lives. I wish it wasn't so but it is inevitable.

Thank you for keeping this blog going. Your daily post are both refreshing and insightful.

robfromraleigh

Post by robfromraleigh »

I consider my Grandfather, born in 1923, to be between the Hero and Artist archetypes. Before he passed away, he wrote a book about the first 18 years of his life. In it, there are lots of excellent stories about meeting my Grandmother for the first time, surviving the Great Depression, and because it was Nebraska, surviving the Dust Bowl. He experienced the full brunt of "the storm" as a child old enough to understand to some extent what was going on, but too young to be able to make decisions that might have helped the family.

One of the stories he talked about was how after the drought ended, there were heavy rains in Colorado. This caused huge flooding, including the bursting of a dam, upstream from his hometown in southern Nebraska. Afterwards, the moist and silt-covered land became very fertile. As farmers planted crops, a new pestilence came upon them: locusts (or at least that was what my Grandfather called them).

In his book, he describes a scene where the sky suddenly turned black off to the west and the tornado sirens started their song. As usual, everyone ran inside to take cover. But instead of a rainstorm, it was a swarm of locusts! He described how he could not see across the street for several hours as what appeared to be millions of locusts swarmed throughout the town and destroyed most plant life. After a while, they moved on as quickly as they appeared. But the farmers who had survived the Dust Bowl and spent their last savings planting a new crop on the now moist soil were devastated by the swarm. They shook their fists at the angry gods who had done them in, as they were now bankrupt, destitute, and homeless. The Principle of Maximum Ruin at work.

When I read that scene, I thought about whether something like that could happen today. My gut told me that this is something that would happen in a crisis era, although I could not say why. Unlike John, I am religious, and I am led to believe that a story of Biblical proportions like his must have Biblical underpinnings. My Grandfather said that many at the time thought that the end of the world was at hand because it was of Biblical proportions. Obviously, that was not the case.

Or was it? Is it possible that each crisis period somehow leads rise to these type of events that cannot be fathomed during any other period? If so, America must have done something right in the 1930's and 1940's to overcome to fate the world was tumbling towards. Multiple universe theory suggests there exists many universes where we did not overcome, perhaps where humanity itself ended, during each crisis stage in history. A religious person could say it is a punishment from God. I would argue a somewhat religious, somewhat scientific viewpoint that it is society's actions for the 10 years prior to that event that led it away from God and made them vulnerable to such an event. Many could say the same today with all the bickering in our government. A good example is talk about the appropriateness of "In God We Trust"--this will either either anger God -or- diverted our attention from the real problems facing us, like Nero fiddling while Rome burned. Either outcome is not pleasant.

Well, I think this question is very pertinent today as I stumbled upon this link: http://www.businessinsider.com/mayfly-cloud-2010-6

Is this history repeating itself? We have technology now that my Grandfather didn't so we can watch this stuff as it takes shape. Like weeds in a garden, it cries out for immediate attention lest the "dark forces" (for lack of a better term) multiply, take root, and start to swarm. In normal times, we would provide that type of attention. But now we are in a crisis period, seemingly incapable of solving any problems. At a time that we can't fix the oil spill in Gulf of Mexico, spilling red-color sludge into our ocean's waters (again, looks like Biblical proportions), do we think we still have the acumen to address this swarm? I hope so, but current evidence points to "no".

What is most fascinating about Generational Dynamics is that we are not only learning that history repeats itself, but we are learning _why_ history repeats itself. Of course, the sad part is, there's nothing anyone can do to stop the bad ship that has already sailed. Sure, we may beat the Mayflies and oil spill this year, but next year will be something even worse. Eventually, the dam will burst despite our best efforts, and that will intensify the bickering and finger-pointing--making us even more paralyzed.

As John says, the only thing we can do is to prepare. Reading books like my Grandfather's seems like a very pertinent road map to what this country may face in the next 10-15 years. John is good at pointing out the blips on the radar that are heading towards us, and many storm clouds starting brewing in May. May God help us all!

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

jwfid wrote:The speed of deterioration in Turkey / Israel relations is so surprising! A couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have believed that war between the two would even be discussed seriously.

By the way, I hope you're wrong too.

Good luck everyone,

Joe
I know a lot of people were "surprised", but I posted here a couple of weeks ago, right before everything happened, how my friends/clients in Israel were telling me that they expect war with Turkey this summer. John even replied to my post saying he doubted there would be war between Israel and Turkey only to change his mind a couple of days later.

My point is that regardless of all the information we have available, we're still not getting it all (or being told how it really is). Those living in Israel saw it coming, but everybody else hadn't.

Unlike John, I do look at things through a religious lens and many evangelicals (I know many of you are going to hate this) have been predicting war between Israel and Turkey (as well as Syria, Iran, Lebanon and The West Bank/Gaza) for many months now as they see the prophecies in the Bible that speak of a coming war. If some time soon Israel destroys Damascus with nuclear weapons, I suggest you start reading your Bible. The "Burden of Damascus" is a prophecy written in Isaiah, Chapter 17. Many Preterists say that is a historical event and not a future event, but if you read the text it says that Damascus will be so totally destroyed that man will not even be able to walk upon the ground and that it will cease being a city. Well, Damascus has never ceased being a city up to this time, so it cannot be a historical event spoken of in Isaiah, so keep your eyes open.

The events around us are of a Biblical proportion just as the events of WWII were in that they set the stage for the world to be where it is today and it created the conditions that allowed for the Jews to return to their homeland. Depression led to war, which led to Israel. This time it looks like depression will lead to war, which will lead Israel back to God.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

John

Post by John »

Dear Thomas,
thomasglee wrote: > Unlike John, I do look at things through a religious lens and many
> evangelicals (I know many of you are going to hate this) have been
> predicting war between Israel and Turkey (as well as Syria, Iran,
> Lebanon and The West Bank/Gaza) for many months now as they see
> the prophecies in the Bible that speak of a coming war. If some
> time soon Israel destroys Damascus with nuclear weapons, I suggest
> you start reading your Bible.
Just to be clear, Turkey is a Sunni Muslim nation, so they were always
going to be an enemy of Israel in the Clash of Civilizations world
war, and may in fact lead the Sunni Arabs in that war. What surprised
me was the rapidity with which things changed.

I've had this discussion several times in the past with evangelicals,
who point to the Bible for prophecy. I looked into it in depth at one
point, and found that much of what evangelicals claim are specific
predictions don't stand up because the populations referred to in the
Bible have migrated or are ambiguously identified. In other words,
the evangelicals who claim that certain prophecies are in the Bible
are misreading the Bible.

From the point of view of Generational Dynamics, what you're saying is
extremely unlikely. Yes, there will be war between Israel and Turkey,
because both of them are in generational Crisis eras. There'll also
be a war between Israel and Egypt.

But Lebanon and Syria are in generational Awakening eras, and will do
everything possible to stay out of war with Israel. If Israel starts
using nuclear weapons, my guess is that they'll be used on Crisis era
countries, not Damascus, though anything is possible. It's going to
be a war between Jews and Arabs (and Turks).

As for Iran, as you know, I've said many times that when Iran is
forced to make a choice, they'll side with Israel and the West against
the Sunni Muslim countries. For many Sunni Arabs, Iran is much more
of an enemy than Israel is.

John