26-Jun-10 News -- G-8 meeting ends with empty promises

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Post by John »

** 26-Jun-10 News -- G-8 meeting ends with empty promises
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 27#e100627

Contents:
"G-8 meeting ends with empty promises and irrelevant disagreements"
"Additional links"
Kyrgyzstan holds referendum on Sunday
For homeowners facing foreclosure, another alternative
The top 10 computer history web sites
Why China's currency has two different names
India: Debate over using the army to stop Naxal/Marxist terrorist
In Russia, new laws will give the FSB (KGB) new powers

OLD1953

Re: 26-Jun-10 News -- G-8 meeting ends with empty promises

Post by OLD1953 »

India is still trying to avoid civil war.

I have wondered what the effect will be on the population demographics in Europe if (when) governments start defaulting. Will the Turks go home or will they ride it out?

G20 started getting violent protestors.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... QH7zF4cIwg

And John, I'm surprised you missed this one. (OUCH!) I cringe at the thought. Only in Africa.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162- ... 91704.html

JanetC

Post by JanetC »

rotflmao! and one more - What's the point of having an international summit, if there aren't a few agents provacateur and a few BILLONS for security?
cheers, JanetC.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Regarding this G8--G20 meeting in Toronto with all the attended festivities, ( as before, elsewhere ). I have a question. And since I am not very sophisticated, and probably not too bright, I have a question. If they are /did spend one billion dollars for security, why didn't they just have their meeting in say, Tahiti, or the Azores, or Guam, etc. and not spend all of that money and effort on security?....... Am I missing something, -------- or------- do they WANT this turmoil for some other reason?

John

Post by John »

gerald wrote:Regarding this G8--G20 meeting in Toronto with all the attended festivities, ( as before, elsewhere ). I have a question. And since I am not very sophisticated, and probably not too bright, I have a question. If they are /did spend one billion dollars for security, why didn't they just have their meeting in say, Tahiti, or the Azores, or Guam, etc. and not spend all of that money and effort on security?....... Am I missing something, -------- or------- do they WANT this turmoil for some other reason?
Having the G-8 meeting in your country is very prestigious, and proves that you're a
very important country. So the meetings rotate from country to country.

John

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

John wrote:Having the G-8 meeting in your country is very prestigious, and proves that you're a

John
Which is why, many postulate, that the Republic of Korea's response to the DPRK's sinking of the Cheonan was so tepid. In November Korea will host the G20 and President Lee Myung-Bak does not want anything to tarnish the prestige that will be showered upon his administration from hosting the meeting.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

gerald

Post by gerald »

John wrote:
gerald wrote:Regarding this G8--G20 meeting in Toronto with all the attended festivities, ( as before, elsewhere ). I have a question. And since I am not very sophisticated, and probably not too bright, I have a question. If they are /did spend one billion dollars for security, why didn't they just have their meeting in say, Tahiti, or the Azores, or Guam, etc. and not spend all of that money and effort on security?....... Am I missing something, -------- or------- do they WANT this turmoil for some other reason?
Having the G-8 meeting in your country is very prestigious, and proves that you're a

John
So a country's prestige is increased by holding an international meeting,-- needing 1,000's of police in riot gear, miles of 12 foot high wire fencing-- resulting in riots, broken windows, and burning police cars?

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

gerald wrote:So a country's prestige is increased by holding an international meeting,-- needing 1,000's of police in riot gear, miles of 12 foot high wire fencing-- resulting in riots, broken windows, and burning police cars?
Sure. What else exudes more power than keeping the "little people" at bay while you hold grand court?
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Schnurloses Telefon

schnurloses telefon

Post by Schnurloses Telefon »

the valuable thoughts u presented do help my investigation for my corporation, thanks.

Web Form

form generator

Post by Web Form »

I am just making a blog related to this. If you agree, I would like to use some of your content. And with full refernce of course. Thanks in advance.

- John