11-Sep-10 News -- The coming political tsunami & realignment

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

11-Sep-10 News -- The coming political tsunami & realignment

Post by John »

11-Sep-10 News -- The coming political tsunami and realignment
Glenn Beck, the Tea Party, and the next rock star

** 11-Sep-10 News -- The coming political tsunami and realignment
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 11#e100911

Contents:
"The coming political tsunami on November 2"
"The Tea Party and Glenn Beck"
"Additional links"
Poll shows that Tea Parties are in two distinct camps
China's vast operations in Africa causing problems
Fidel Castro says that Cuba's communist model no longer works
Drug gang attacks kills 25 people in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
Chinese fishing trawler captain jailed in Japan

vincecate

Re: 11-Sep-10 News -- The coming political tsunami & realignment

Post by vincecate »

John wrote:The one additional comment that I would make about the webinar is that you shouldn't count on hyperinflation. This is just part of the fantasy that says that the stock market bubble will come back. The Weimar Republic example occurred under completely different circumstances that are TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to what's happening today. There are powerful deflationary forces in the world economy that are coming unleashed, and you should expect a fall in the CPI of at least 30%.
Has there ever been a pure fiat currency that had deflation of 30% without hyperinflation following? Has there ever been even 20% deflation in a pure fiat currency without hyperinflation following?

Peter Bernholz studied 29 cases of hyperinflation and wrote a book called "Monetary regimes and inflation: history, economic and political relationships". This seems to be the best book on hyperinflation history. I just ordered the book, so have not read it yet, but I understand that Bernholz found that the key early warning indicator is when a government's budget deficit gets to be 40% of spending. It seems that once this line is crossed the path leads to hyperinflation. Some people are calling this the "Bernholz line". Seems the US is over the line.

Most countries seem to get hyperinflation within about 4 years of crossing the line. Japan has held out much longer, but in the past the Japanese people were saving money and loaning it to the government. Seems this has changed, after a generation. So the yen may fall before the dollar, maybe even be the trigger for the dollar to fall.

http://www.amazon.com/Monetary-Regimes- ... 213&sr=8-1

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/am ... -in-japan/

http://pair.offshore.ai/38yearcycle/#hyperinflation

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

It would seem that most of our fellow citizens have forgotten the first lesson you get on the first day that you are in any beginners class on bookeeping or economics. Income must match outflow. IOW, the books will balance.

In the case of the US, we can run a trade deficit over a considerable period of time, solely because the government of the US can issue bonds that are in demand in the countries that have a trade surplus with the US. If such bond issuance ceased, trade deficits would not be possible, and would cease over a relatively short period of time. Doubtless laws would be passed to hasten this outcome, but the outcome would not be the result of the laws (though they'd surely be blamed for it, such being the nature of politics) but would be the result of this natural law - income and outflow must match.

The most immediate result of a real balancing of the budget, and refusal to issue new bonds, would be price increases for every item imported - which would effectively be the end of WalMart, Target, Sam's, Costco and every other discount retailer. Somehow, I have to doubt the Tea Party demonstrators really want that outcome.

I do heartily agree that the Tea Party is indeed the "Revenge of the Boomers". When I was in the US again for a while, I mentioned to an old friend, who is fairly "hippie" in his outlook, that the Tea Party seemed to me to be the hippie protestors grown gray or baldheaded, and cynical in their old age. I also said they were still holding similar anti establishment anti government attitudes to the ones they were holding in the 60's. He looked very peculiar for a minute or so, then said he totally agreed with me.

And just a side note, I will never understand Christians demanding public prayer. Christ did not approve of public prayer, and doubly did not approve of these ten minute long "we are so great" prayers.

Given that I'll doubtless be called on to support that (as most bibles seem to be dust collectors), here we go:

Matt 6 5-8

5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Tom Acre

Post by Tom Acre »

According to the official tally, we can thank the Millennials for the election of Obama, as they voted approx. 65% for. Xers only voted for him by a slight majority (approx. 51%), Boomers by a slight plurality (approx. 49%). And Silents voted against him or for McCain by a slight majority (around 51%). Of course, many contend, with good evidence in their favor, that the political machines in places like Philadelphia recruited many votes from the Lost, Missionary, Progressive, etc. generations, and ACORN made sure that many who forgot to vote had theirs counted.

Post by Guest »

OLD1953 wrote:It would seem that most of our fellow citizens have forgotten the first lesson you get on the first day that you are in any beginners class on bookeeping or economics. Income must match outflow. IOW, the books will balance.

In the case of the US, we can run a trade deficit over a considerable period of time, solely because the government of the US can issue bonds that are in demand in the countries that have a trade surplus with the US. If such bond issuance ceased, trade deficits would not be possible, and would cease over a relatively short period of time. Doubtless laws would be passed to hasten this outcome, but the outcome would not be the result of the laws (though they'd surely be blamed for it, such being the nature of politics) but would be the result of this natural law - income and outflow must match.

The most immediate result of a real balancing of the budget, and refusal to issue new bonds, would be price increases for every item imported - which would effectively be the end of WalMart, Target, Sam's, Costco and every other discount retailer. Somehow, I have to doubt the Tea Party demonstrators really want that outcome.

I do heartily agree that the Tea Party is indeed the "Revenge of the Boomers". When I was in the US again for a while, I mentioned to an old friend, who is fairly "hippie" in his outlook, that the Tea Party seemed to me to be the hippie protestors grown gray or baldheaded, and cynical in their old age. I also said they were still holding similar anti establishment anti government attitudes to the ones they were holding in the 60's. He looked very peculiar for a minute or so, then said he totally agreed with me.

And just a side note, I will never understand Christians demanding public prayer. Christ did not approve of public prayer, and doubly did not approve of these ten minute long "we are so great" prayers.

Given that I'll doubtless be called on to support that (as most bibles seem to be dust collectors), here we go:

Matt 6 5-8

5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Thanks for your lovely Bible lesson. As a Christian, I'm fully embarrassed to use the term such is its chronic misuse by so-called modern "christians" more accurately labeled followers of "churchianity" (IIRC coined by the great religious author and Christian Michael Hoffman). Readers may be further enlightened to know that in the Bible there is no such thing as a christian "youth minister", christian holidays were only temporary till all the Hebrew law was abolished in 70 A.D., there is likewise no more "judeo-christian" since 70 A.D. when the Hebrew law disappeared, and there has never been and never will be a christian nation. The only thing known as Christian is/are human beings adopted by God as His followers. Rain may be a blessing from God, but these material blessings fall on the "just and the unjust" (the unjust are those not adopted by God as his followers).

The only Bible-authorized response permitted to the FL Quran burner/so-called pastor, to any threat against his or anyone else's life (even his family) is to beg for mercy. Christ never condoned a Christian to respond in kind to any real or perceived violence and rather prohibited such. He Himself was slaughtered for the unjust. We are commanded to follow/emulate Christ who died for the unjust, not murder in kind to murderers.

About 95%+ of so-called modern "christianity" is rather practicing the religion of the Rabbinical Talmudists who murdered Christ. The Rabbis who murdered Christ later codified their practices in the Talmud in the 4th Century. The Talmud teaches that so-called followers of the Rabbis are the only true human beings and the rest of us are inhuman mongrels. The Talmud says Christ burns in excrement for eternity and He is the bastard child of the whore Mary.

Many Rabbis teach Hitler's murder of the jews was a just punishment God meted out against them for turning away from the Rabbis and refusing to obey them. This is one of the many interesting tidbits learned in the Judaic Michael Hoffman's 1100 page book title "Judaism Discovered".

xakzen

Post by xakzen »

Guest wrote:Thanks for your lovely Bible lesson. As a Christian, I'm fully embarrassed to use the term such is its chronic misuse by so-called modern "christians" more accurately labeled followers of "churchianity" (IIRC coined by the great religious author and Christian Michael Hoffman). Readers may be further enlightened to know that in the Bible there is no such thing as a christian "youth minister", christian holidays were only temporary till all the Hebrew law was abolished in 70 A.D., there is likewise no more "judeo-christian" since 70 A.D. when the Hebrew law disappeared, and there has never been and never will be a christian nation. The only thing known as Christian is/are human beings adopted by God as His followers. Rain may be a blessing from God, but these material blessings fall on the "just and the unjust" (the unjust are those not adopted by God as his followers).

The only Bible-authorized response permitted to the FL Quran burner/so-called pastor, to any threat against his or anyone else's life (even his family) is to beg for mercy. Christ never condoned a Christian to respond in kind to any real or perceived violence and rather prohibited such. He Himself was slaughtered for the unjust. We are commanded to follow/emulate Christ who died for the unjust, not murder in kind to murderers.

About 95%+ of so-called modern "christianity" is rather practicing the religion of the Rabbinical Talmudists who murdered Christ. The Rabbis who murdered Christ later codified their practices in the Talmud in the 4th Century. The Talmud teaches that so-called followers of the Rabbis are the only true human beings and the rest of us are inhuman mongrels. The Talmud says Christ burns in excrement for eternity and He is the bastard child of the whore Mary.

Many Rabbis teach Hitler's murder of the jews was a just punishment God meted out against them for turning away from the Rabbis and refusing to obey them. This is one of the many interesting tidbits learned in the Judaic Michael Hoffman's 1100 page book title "Judaism Discovered".
It's a pity you lack the conviction to sign your anti-Semitic, "Holier Than Thou" tirade with anything other than "anonymous""