12-Nov-10 News -- Panic appears to be growing over Ireland

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

12-Nov-10 News -- Panic appears to be growing over Ireland

Post by John »

12-Nov-10 News -- Panic appears to be growing over Ireland's debt

Huge terrorist bomb attacks Pakistan's 'jugular' in Karachi

** 12-Nov-10 News -- Panic appears to be growing over Ireland's debt
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 12#e101112

Contents:
"Panic appears to be growing over Ireland's debt"
"Huge terrorist bomb attack in Karachi strikes at the 'jugular' of Pakistan"
"Additional links"
London student protests planned for November 24
EU's budget negotiations fail, facing a Monday deadline
Israel 'Progress' has been made on peace talks
Japan deploying soldiers to remote islands to watch for Chinese

Re: 12-Nov-10 News -- Panic appears to be growing over Ireland

Post by Guest »

From the GD standpoint, it's worth noting that most college students in now would born about 1990 or later. Not many save for graduate students would be born earlier than that. It will be interesting to see if they demonstrate against cuts in social security in the USA. It would seem to follow that they would, as their parents are all for cutting SS to zero to spite THEIR parents.

Something I have to agree with Obama about, (mark your calendar) is that Muslim radicals do not deserve the term "jihadists". That's like calling Terry Nichols a "crusader". Or Phelps, from Westboro Baptist, and he certainly is no "crusader", though I'm also certain he loves the term.

A crusade or a jihad would have to be called for and supported by an entity larger than a small band of outlaws. (And to anyone who's studied history, the Children's Crusade was a silly farce, and I'd LOVE to see John discuss that in GD terms. Even from food supply standpoint, there just does not seem to be a reason for it! Mass insanity that afflicted a sizeable percentage of a generation?) The Pope could call for a crusade, the Ottoman's could call for a jihad, the Supreme Ayatollah of Iran IN CONJUNCTION with the government could call for a jihad, but a country preacher with strange ideas cannot in any meaningful sense.

And yes, I'm Old1953. For networking reasons too technical to get into, my posts early in the morning US time are way easier as "guest".