8-Jan-11 News -- Bernanke rejects bailing out states

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

8-Jan-11 News -- Bernanke rejects bailing out states

Post by John »

8-Jan-11 News -- Bernanke emphatically rejects bailing out states and cities

First anniversary of the daily news summary

** 8-Jan-11 News -- Bernanke emphatically rejects bailing out states and cities
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 08#e110108

Contents:
"First anniversary of the daily news summary"
"Bernanke emphatically rejects bailing out states and cities"
"Thousands of foreclosures on hold after Massachusetts court ruling"
"Goldman Sachs investment plan for Facebook shows that little has changed"
"Investment firm predicts repeat of 2005-2007 stock market bubble"
"Additional links"
European countries face major financial test next week
Analysts deeplly disappointed by Friday's jobs report
Brazil's credit bubble may be about to burst
Turkish and Greek PMs meet over illegal migrant problem
Pakistan's government avoids collapse
Older generations in Pakistan mourn a once tolerant, relaxed nation.
Algeria food riots spread to Tunisia
Tunisia conducts 'phishing' attacks on its own citizens
Muslim girls in Europe lead a double life

jwfid

Re: 8-Jan-11 News -- Bernanke rejects bailing out states

Post by jwfid »

Hi John,

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. After reading your last blog entry, I have to say that you are and have been a shining light in my eyes. I eagerly wait to read your comments every day. Thank-you for everything you do. However, I have to say that I understand you have a life, and posting everyday might be to much. It's ok. Post what you can! Your insight is so valuable! I wish I had the time, and intelligence to research and post such informative stuff too. Maybe someday though, but I have a family (and a community) to get through this crisis.

Thanks again.

Since I've posted last, I've come to the conclusion that hyperinflation is a possibility too, just like deflation. I'm always surprised by the ingenuity of those in power. Chris Martenson has said that we always fight the last battle. Poor Bernanke, he's fighting the ghost of the 1930's great depression. He might very well win his battle only to lose the war. Germany and half of Europe are fighting the ghost of the 1920's hyperinflation. They might win their battle too, but lose their war.

The websites I really read most are Zero Hedge, Generational Dynamics, and Chris Martenson right now. I was listening to the Survival Podcast and the Shrugging Out Podcast for several months. The Survival Podcast, and Chris Martenson has some really good information on what we can do to make through this crisis.

Freddy V. I visit your site often. I have to say, this is not like times before. Everything is manipulated and rigged now. Even understanding our predicament does not give you an edge over the likes of the Banksters. Everyone will lose in the end. Just try to protect what you have.

I'm still here. I might not read every post anymore, but I still value everyone's comments here.

Good luck everyone,

Joe

Higgenbotham

Post by Higgenbotham »

John wrote:8-Jan-11 News -- Bernanke emphatically rejects bailing out states and cities
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/22/busin ... .html?_r=1
No Fed Plans to Give More Support, Bernanke Says
By SEWELL CHAN
Published: July 21, 2010

WASHINGTON — The chairman of the Federal Reserve, in saying that it had no immediate plans to provide additional support to the economy, dashed the hopes of some economists and executives who have been pushing for action to add momentum to the sluggish recovery.
In Bernanke's previous testimony in July, he stated that the Fed had no plans to implement any measures such as QE (bond purchases). Less than 6 weeks later, he began steps to implement QE.

In order to understand Ben Bernanke, it's necessary to closely follow his history. In doing so, you will find that Bernanke normally acts in direct and immediate opposition to any promises or statements he makes.

If Bernanke is still in office when the state and municipal bond crisis hits, that will immediately trigger his biting reflex to print as much money as he can. That's his history and there's no way he will stop until he's removed from office.

Going further, if Bernanke says subprime is contained, that means it's not contained. If he says there's no housing bubble, that means there is a housing bubble.

Regarding Katie and the MACD, the MACD is a standard indicator. She didn't invent it. It's even on all the free software. I've noticed that the monthly indicators are in similar position to early 2005 too. What's different now is the daily MACD just gave a sell signal that occurs only about twice a year. So if Katie wants to follow the MACD, she should use that and then see if it cascades into a weekly sell signal.
While the periphery breaks down rather slowly at first, the capital cities of the hegemon should collapse suddenly and violently.

burt

Post by burt »

jwfid wrote: After reading your last blog entry, I have to say that you are and have been a shining light in my eyes. I eagerly wait to read your comments every day. Thank-you for everything you do. However, I have to say that I understand you have a life, and posting everyday might be to much. It's ok. Post what you can! Your insight is so valuable! I wish I had the time, and intelligence to research and post such informative stuff too. Maybe someday though, but I have a family (and a community) to get through this crisis.

Thanks again.
I couldn't have said what I think better, and I want to take this opportunity to thank EVERYONE who writes its ideas on this blog, this is very useful to me, even If do not answer.

So good luck and happy year to everyone
jwfid wrote:I've come to the conclusion that hyperinflation is a possibility too, just like deflation. I'm always surprised by the ingenuity of those in power. Chris Martenson has said that we always fight the last battle.
This is a real problem, I recommend also reading of Gordon T Long (http://lcmgroupe.home.comcast.net/~lcmg ... Points.htm)

As sais someone "Prediction is a very difficult art, especialy when it is about the future"

burt

Post by burt »

Higgenbotham wrote: In order to understand Ben Bernanke, it's necessary to closely follow his history. In doing so, you will find that Bernanke normally acts in direct and immediate opposition to any promises or statements he makes.

If Bernanke is still in office when the state and municipal bond crisis hits, that will immediately trigger his biting reflex to print as much money as he can. That's his history and there's no way he will stop until he's removed from office.

Going further, if Bernanke says subprime is contained, that means it's not contained. If he says there's no housing bubble, that means there is a housing bubble.
YES, he is a politician, and he wants to stay in office, so he is very adaptative and knows that, in our world, there is only one way to survive, TO LIE on anything you know to give a good image of the reality (this is called Marketing, by the way). The image has more value than the truth in our world, you have to deal with it.

Regards

tx

Post by tx »

Hi John,

Thank you for all the hard work, it is truly amazing. I particularly like the news you posted regarding the town of Framingham because I am living Framingham. Very glad to see you on the video.

Take good care of yourself.
tx