28-Feb-11 News - Peripheral stock markets continue to plunge

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
jdcpapa

Re: 28-Feb-11 News - Peripheral stock markets continue to pl

Post by jdcpapa »

Frank Baynes wrote: John, I take what you are saying very seriously.
John wrote: It's not too late for you to prepare yourself and your family as well as you can to survive.
And what to do in order to prepare? I see people talk about stocking up food, weapons, and ammunition, and buying gold and silver. I don't see how these thinks will be very helpful if in the case of a war or breakdown.

Or do I have this wrong?

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I very much appreciate your perspective and insight
Frank,

I live in a hurricane zone. When a hurricane approaches my community, a pattern develops. Since we have not had one in almost 5 years, rest assured that most people are unprepared. This is what happens: 1-2 days before the hurricane is scheduled to hit, people are emptying the shelves at the grocery store and hardware store. People are in long lines for gas. Gas stations have run out of gas. It is utter chaos. If it is a category 3 or higher, services including food supplies can be knocked out for weeks. Roads are blocked with debris. It can be like a war zone.

My experience has taught me to have sufficient provisions to last several weeks (including medical supplies, cash in small denominations, a generator, a portable a/c, etc.). This is a catastrophic event to a community. We are talking about a different kind of hurricane in this forum. You do not want to be caught without basic necessities. Preparedness is essential.

Regards,

jdcpapa

jdcpapa

Post by jdcpapa »

John, thank you for all your wisdom and insight.

jdcpapa

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

jdcpapa wrote: I live in a hurricane zone. [...] Roads are blocked with debris. It can be like a war zone.
[...] We are talking about a different kind of hurricane in this forum. You do not want to be caught without basic necessities. Preparedness is essential.
I also live in a hurricane zone and have been in several. It does seem like the hurricane experience gives you a better appreciation for the importance of preparedness.