20-Mar-11 News -- U.S. launches operation 'Odyssey Dawn'

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

20-Mar-11 News -- U.S. launches operation 'Odyssey Dawn'

Post by John »

20-Mar-11 News -- U.S. launches operation 'Odyssey Dawn' against Libyan targets

Hamas resumes mortar attacks on southern Israel

** 20-Mar-11 News -- U.S. launches operation 'Odyssey Dawn' against Libyan targets
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 20#e110320

Contents:
"U.S. launches operation 'Odyssey Dawn' against Libyan targets"
"Russia now regrets the Security Council resolution on Libya"
"Hamas resumes mortar attacks on southern Israel"
"Additional links"
Saudi King Abdullah offers money to head off protests
Violence and refugee crisis grow in Ivory Coast
Gender gap in the Obama administration

Re: 20-Mar-11 News -- U.S. launches operation 'Odyssey Dawn'

Post by Guest »

The Russian position is hardly surprising, they have interests in Libya, China will undoubtedly issue something similar shortly. It's just hedging your bets, if the rebels win, they can say "we didn't vote against the resolution despite our interests in the old govt", if they lose, they can point to their backsliding as proof they didn't really support the revolution. LOL. Russians not supporting the revolution, what's the world coming to?

Israel and Palestine - they are the ultimate basket cases of the modern world. Both behave badly, both play politics with human life, both act irresponsibly, and neither side is willing to do anything that might jeopardize the cushy jobs of the leaders. Thus, a horrible mess and a tragedy that will climax in at least decimation of both populations, probably worse than decimation.

(Decimation is one in ten, for anyone who didn't know that. Probably you do, but ever since I said "carpe diem" in an advanced lit class at a fairly well known private university a few years back, and NOT ONE student knew what I said, I've been doing explanations of words. The professor was horribly embarrassed, and kind of mad about it too. When I went to school we had Latin, French and Spanish all offered in a "backwoods, primitive, uncultured" high school in the KY hills. Things have changed.)

Post by Guest »

John - can't login to the forum today, says I've exceeded maximum login attempts, which would be peculiar, as I tried once. Also, the CAPTCHA picture that is supposed to show up only has a "X" as picture unavailable up. Old1953

JULLIEN

Post by JULLIEN »

We can summarize like that : Americans launch cruise missiles with almost no risks for them, French (and British) jet fighters pilots bomb ground forces and put their life at risk. Merci Sarko
More seriously I noticed as a European the diplomatic service of the European Union did almost nothing in the crisis whereas in the same time there are talks of a more centralized economic and budgetary union : the so-called "common security and foreign policy" just became irrelevant and vanished.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > John - can't login to the forum today, says I've exceeded maximum
> login attempts, which would be peculiar, as I tried once. Also,
> the CAPTCHA picture that is supposed to show up only has a "X" as
> picture unavailable up. Old1953
Please try again. Captcha is finally working.

Someone is apparently trying to hack people's accounts by guessing
passwords. They're locked out after three attempts, and then logging
in requires solving a Captcha puzzle.

No money is being exchanged on this board, so I'm keeping security as
low as possible, mainly to avoid spam. Still, it's a good idea for
everyone to avoid simple, obvious passwords.

John

OLD1953

Post by OLD1953 »

Thanks, it seems to be working again.

Wonder why anyone would peck at my account, it's not like there would be any profit in it.