25-Mar-11 News -- Syria's president tries concessions

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

25-Mar-11 News -- Syria's president tries concessions

Post by John »

25-Mar-11 News -- Syria's desperate president Assad tries concessions to appease protesters

Circus continues as Nato takes command of Libya No-Fly Zone

** 25-Mar-11 News -- Syria's desperate president Assad tries concessions to appease protesters
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 25#e110325

Contents:
"Syria's desperate president Assad tries concessions to appease protesters"
"Circus continues as Nato takes command of Libya No-Fly Zone"
"Additional links"
Portugal's Prime Minister Jose Socrates resigns
Turkey launches air strikes against PKK Kurds in northern Iraq
Israel and Hamas exchange attacks
France asks UN to stop the fighting in Ivory Coast
Relations between U.S. and Saudi Arabia worsen
China and Indonesia to strengthen defense cooperation
Putin and Medvedev pull farther apart
Russia's North Caucasus slips further into chaos
Florida courts going bankrupt from foreclosure robo-signer scandal
Detroit's population falls 25% to World War I levels
Chavez blames capitalism for no life on Mars
Yes, sex can kill you
Men may be jerks ... but women are insane.

OLD1953

Re: 25-Mar-11 News -- Syria's president tries concessions

Post by OLD1953 »

There's a lot going on in the world right now, obviously. It's a bit odd knowing the Syrian border is not that far from me here. Will the US intervene if Syria kills thousands of civilians? I find that one doubtful, even though intervention would be much easier than in Libya.

Speaking of Libya, I bet some people are wishing they had some of those battleships out of mothballs now.

Relevant to the Florida budget mess is this:

http://www.financialsense.com/contribut ... employment

which I have no problem with up until he says :
When unemployment shows signs of spiraling out of control even as the campaign managers are obsessively checking their polling results - my guess is that most politicians are going to (once again) say "long-term national interest be damned, my political career depends on winning this election." Meaning there will likely be more money created out of thin air on a massive scale, as the incumbents in both parties try to avoid the wrath of their constituents and keep their jobs.

Which is hand waving meant to cover up the fact that he doesn't know what will happen to cause inflation, he just believes in it. I'm just not seeing the support for ongoing funding of states and so forth like some think is present. Good grief, the PLAN was to cut the 2012 budget, not the 2011 budget, and they RAN on that. And now we simply don't have a 2011 budget, it is six months overdue because the minority groups against further borrowing keep blocking every attempt to pass a budget that should have been passed six months ago. We will wind up total losers if that doesn't pass shortly, because the funding for a presence in the MidEast is in that budget, and the results will be so bad if we don't have a presence there that it's going to be insane. (It took me three tries to type that without cursing. It's that big a mess.) I think it's far more likely the federal budget will be cut, and the states will cut, and that yellow bar he is showing will hit the welfare rolls over several months as funding runs out. And that is when the big deflation will hit and hit hard. And the US population will undergo a sudden attitude adjustment.

John

Re: 25-Mar-11 News -- Syria's president tries concessions

Post by John »

OLD1953 wrote:There's a lot going on in the world right now, obviously.
There were times last year when I could barely find something to write about
for days at a time. Now there are about 10 crises going on simultaneously,
and it's VERY hard to keep up.

John

pinkkJessii

Intro to me

Post by pinkkJessii »

I just wanted to introduce myself after joining, glad to be here! I'm Dani and I am inspired by life, I enjoy operating and becoming healthy :)

I've been involved around and have uncovered this area to be much greater subject matter, so it makes sense to last but not least become an active member!

BTW where is the option to make myself have a cool title like some people here have? I always am by my phone but not by my computer, even a trainer requires so much to keep up to date!