8-Apr-11 News -- Egypt poll: Arab League's Amr Moussa leads

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

8-Apr-11 News -- Egypt poll: Arab League's Amr Moussa leads

Post by John »

8-Apr-11 News -- Egypt poll: Arab League's Amr Moussa in lead for presidency

IMF says that Palestinians are ready for statehood

** 8-Apr-11 News -- Egypt poll: Arab League's Amr Moussa in lead for presidency
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 08#e110408

Contents:
"Welcome to new web site readers"
"Egypt poll: Arab League's Amr Moussa in lead for presidency"
"A wooden xylophone in the forest"
"Additional links"
Egypt applauds GCC intervention in Bahrain
60% of China's farmers have had their land confiscated
Turkey's new role in European-Muslim relations
IMF says that Palestinians are ready for statehood
Sex selection in India creates a threat to stability
European Commission: All Roma Gypsy children should go to school
Is Japan hiding a nuclear weapons program?
How to tell if your neighbor is a bombmaker

OLD1953

Re: 8-Apr-11 News -- Egypt poll: Arab League's Amr Moussa le

Post by OLD1953 »

While I've no objection to wannabe terrorists killing themselves, I've got to say two things here. First, any homemade high explosive will almost certainly be unstable, due to impurities in the chemicals commonly available to the public. Second, peroxide explosives (which are the ONLY easily made primer explosives for a high explosive detonator) are INHERENTLY as touchy as raw nitroglycerin, and that's in the pure state. So suicide by attempting to make homemade bombs is not that uncommon, and it isn't hard to find stories of "home explosives lab erupts" on the news. I rather suspect the 1800's style pipe bomb full of propellant powder will remain the weapon of choice.

It is certainly worth noting that the IED and car bomb attacks in Iraq universally used munitions from old caches or explosives smuggled into the country, I'm not aware of any record of explosive manufacturing by AQ in Iraq.

On reading the whole article, I see they just said the same things I said, but with more examples. LOL. One thing to note though, pyrotechnicists are not bomb makers, the folks that hang around skylighter http://www.skylighter.com/ have absolutely no interest in anything but pretty.

The stupid thing is, there are means to take out a large building or city block without all these risks of explosive manufacture, but I choose not to discuss details of things that actually work because it'll either get me in trouble with homeland security or some idiot will try it.