26-Jul-11 World View -- New concerns on bailout of Greece

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Post by John »

Israel considers revoking the 1993 Oslo accords

** 26-Jul-11 World View -- New concerns on bailout of Greece
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 26#e110726

Contents:
### World View -- New concerns on bailout of Greece
"Israel considers revoking the 1993 Oslo accords"
"Moody's downgrades Greece's debt"
"American funds no longer flowing to European banks"
"The euro is 'Not a hot topic' in Bulgaria"
"China's bullet train crash sours their marketing plan"
"U.S. and South Korea maintain firm stance against North Korea"

Generational Dynamics, Israel, PLO, Yasser Arafat, Yitzhak Rabin,
Mahmoud Abbas, Moody's, Greece, Italy, Spain, Bulgaria,
North Korea, South Korea

OLD1953

Re: 26-Jul-11 World View -- New concerns on bailout of Greec

Post by OLD1953 »

Just MHO, but I believe the fear in Israel to be that if Palestine is recognized as a country and they take specific examples of war crimes to the Hague, that Israel will lose support in the US. Given that US news programs have largely glossed over Israeli actions against civilians, this is a very logical position for them to take. It would be very difficult for the US news to ignore such proceedings. Of course, Israel could take the Palestine govt to court for their support of war crimes against Israel, however they'd be attacking a govt that is not in control of much of their own territory, so they'd have a much harder case to make, and in fact it would be a new government, given that Palestine would be recognized as a new country. Disclaimer: IMHO, both sides have acted badly for decades, and will continue to do so until they have a war that kills off at least 10/15% of the populations on both sides. I don't support either one. I don't have to "pick a side", I have no dog in that fight.

American funds no longer going to European banks is good news. The less exposure to that mess the better.

The North Koreans are never serious in any talks or offers. They simply intend to get whatever support they can, and ignore any concessions until the support ends. Getting "tough" with them simply means they'll starve sooner rather than later, and start the war earlier.