5-Sep-11 World View -- Israel-Turkey crisis escalates

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

5-Sep-11 World View -- Israel-Turkey crisis escalates

Post by John »

5-Sep-11 World View -- Israel-Turkey diplomatic crisis escalates

Opposing forces gather around Sanaa, Yemen, preparing for battle

** 5-Sep-11 World View -- Israel-Turkey diplomatic crisis escalates
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 05#e110905

Contents:
### World View - Israel-Turkey diplomatic crisis escalates
Opposing forces gather around Sanaa, Yemen, preparing for battle
Diplomatic crisis between Israel and Turkey escalates
Turkey raises the stakes on Israel's blockade of Gaza
Turkish columnists express concern over Israel/Turkey deterioration
Greece and Israel agree on military cooperation
Israeli protesters may challenge pro-settlement policies
Pakistani cartoonists look at crisis in Pakistan-U.S. relations

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Israel, Turkey, Greece,
Sanaa, Yemen, Gaza, blockade, settlements, Pakistan

Trevor

Re: 5-Sep-11 World View -- Israel-Turkey crisis escalates

Post by Trevor »

I admit, I am normally supportive of Israel, but in this case, I believe that they should apologize and it's their sheer stubbornness keeping them from doing so.

I had a thought on what you've said before on this site. With this Clash of Civilizations world war you've been predicting and the European theater, one way it could be triggered is a war between Greece and Turkey, and based on everything I've heard about and read, I can see it being over the Cyprus issue. They've fought countless times and it's little stretch to think they will be at war again. It starts out just between them, but it doesn't take long for other European nations and the United States to get dragged into it.

On that note, I knew someone who was a Greek Cypriot; told me she wished she could kill every last one of the Turkish Cypriots, down to the last child. She also happens to be an early Nomad (born 1964) Since Greece is going to default, and it's only a question of when, when things go to hell, those are the kind of people that start getting attention.

OLD1953

Re: 5-Sep-11 World View -- Israel-Turkey crisis escalates

Post by OLD1953 »

Pakistan and China occupy much the same relationship as the Japanese held in many places just before WWII. Wonder when they'll declare a new "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere"?

I'm not surprised at the resistance to the settlement policies in Israel. Many of the younger people see this as a farce, which is meant to do nothing but give public funds to private persons in return for political support of the status quo. Emigration away from Israel is as big a problem for Israel as it is for the USA, and both countries are "dealing" with it by pretending it isn't happening.