24-Sep-11 World View -- Abbas asks U.N. to admit Palestine

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

24-Sep-11 World View -- Abbas asks U.N. to admit Palestine

Post by John »

24-Sep-11 World View -- Abbas asks U.N. to admit Palestine as a full member

Mullen's accusations send U.S.-Pakistan relations down unpredictable path

** 24-Sep-11 World View -- Abbas asks U.N. to admit Palestine as a full member
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 24#e110924

Contents:
### World View - Abbas asks U.N. to admit Palestine as a full member
Abbas asks U.N. to admit Palestine as a full member
Abbas submits application to U.N. Security Council
President Saleh makes surprise return to Yemen
Mullen's accusations send U.S.-Pakistan relations down unpredictable path

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Mahmound Abbas, Palestine, United Nations,
Ban Ki-moon, Ramallah, Ali Abdullah Saleh, Yemen,
Mike Mullen, Afghanistan, Haqqanni network, Pakistan,
Inter-Services Intelligence, Rehman Malik

OLD1953

Re: 24-Sep-11 World View -- Abbas asks U.N. to admit Palesti

Post by OLD1953 »

This has to be one of the most gagging statements I've ever read, "If we genuinely want peace, what is there to stop us from meeting today and beginning peace negotiations?".

He needs a list? From which side? Maybe we could start with the hilltop youth?

http://www.spiegel.de/international/wor ... 53,00.html
http://fromoccupiedpalestine.org/node/346
http://www.robertharding.com/817-267596.shtml

Given they have the most to lose if any kind of realistic border is established, we have to assume they'll go on with their historical stance of chasing all persons not Israeli Jews out of Palestine, and turning out huge votes against any kind of peace settlement. Yes, that says exactly what I meant, they do not like either Palestine Jews or Christians, again, that's well documented. This is not a Muslim thing, it's a "grab land for profit" thing covered up as religious. Funny how religious movements "against" some group of second class citizens always wind up with the land, everywhere. And that, incidentally, is still ongoing in the USA, and do you really want me to drop the links here? People don't mind seeing other's warts, but get pretty emotional over their own.

And John has throughly documented the desire of Hamas leadership for conflict to continue, without it, they'd be out of power. Any claim that "peace" revolves around some odd "reluctance" to discuss some imaginary means of ensuring security is ridiculous on the face of it. If that was all that was required, a few thousand UN peacekeepers setting up ID checkpoints would do the job in a jiffy. Abbas has already said he'd want a US led force to keep peace if statehood for Palestine became a fact.

The US-Pakistan relationship is doomed, the only question is how long is the road to get to the end.

random israel

Re: 24-Sep-11 World View -- Abbas asks U.N. to admit Palesti

Post by random israel »

Well, if you ask me, Israel wants peace.
and why is that?
let's look at it from the Generational Dynamics point of view:
When was Israel's last crisis war?
most would think 1948.
But the truth is that Israel had another crisis war after, in 1973.
what started as a non-crisis war for the Arab nations, became a crisis war for Israel.
so according to that, it's not until 2040-ish that Israel will look for another war.

I also think that the 2nd intifada was a crisis war for the Palestinians. so that means that both sides should be open for peace right now. it's only up to the politicians.

if there will not be peace, i believe that according to the Generational Dynamics theory, there will be total war in the middle east around 2030-2040, since Israel, Egypt, Syria and Jordan will be 60-70 years since their last crisis war (1967 for the Arabs, 1973 for Israel).

But that's just my opinion.