17-Sep-12 WV-Jund al-Sharia jihadists clash with Egypt/Sinai

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

17-Sep-12 WV-Jund al-Sharia jihadists clash with Egypt/Sinai

Post by John »

17-Sep-12 World View -- Jund al-Sharia jihadists clash with Egypt's army in Sinai

Leon Panetta says that China and Japan are heading toward war

** 17-Sep-12 World View -- Jund al-Sharia jihadists clash with Egypt's army in Sinai
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/cgi ... 17#e120917

Contents:
Violent anti-Japan protests in China spread to more cities
Taiwan rejects China's request to join forces against Japan
Leon Panetta says that China and Japan are heading toward war
Jund al-Sharia jihadists clash with Egypt's army in Sinai
Bangkok Thailand may become a modern-day Atlantis
Europeans have mixed emotions about President Obama's foreign policy

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Japan, China, Senkaku, Diaoyu,
Houston, Chicago, Taiwan, Republic of China,
Diaoyutai, Leon Panetta,
Egypt, Sinai, Jund al-Sharia, Hosni Mubarak,
Multinational Force and Observers, MFO, Army of Islam,
Thailand, Bangkok, Atlantis,
Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Obamania, France,
Winston Churchill, Germany

Trevor

Re: 17-Sep-12 WV-Jund al-Sharia jihadists clash with Egypt/S

Post by Trevor »

Despite how tense things are right now, I don't see a war between China and Japan at the moment. Admittedly, I might be mistaken, but it doesn't seem like the right trigger has come along just yet. I'd expect it shortly after the financial collapse.

Likability only takes you so far in an election and it's still dropped considerably for Obama. If people think he can't do his job, he's still going to get voted out.

Question: why hasn't this website gotten far greater attention? I might disagree with a couple of the details, but it's been far more accurate and substantive than anything else I've come across online.

NoOneImportant

Re: 17-Sep-12 WV-Jund al-Sharia jihadists clash with Egypt/S

Post by NoOneImportant »

China has, for the past several years, had thousands of domestic disturbances each year. Perhaps China is implementing the old, and I might add effective, strategy of Mao, attack those who can't respond - Japanese businesses in China. With a declining dollar, a declining economy, and rising unemployment China is perhaps looking to fuse discontent, and deflect it to an easier external enemy - Vietnam, Philippines, and the easiest target, Japan who has a significant business presence in China; as the old scars, and wounds of WW-II are not forgotten in China.

Politically it would be the old witch hunt used so effectively by the Nazis to deflect attention away from, in this case China's internal very large, and not easily solved difficulties.

The problem with these types of confrontations is that, invariably, what is started to deflect domestic discontent takes on a life of its own - the danger of conflict rises precipitously as both parties believe that the other will surely not fight.