Generational Dynamics
Fourth Turning Forum Archive


Popular links:
Generational Dynamics Web Site
Generational Dynamics Forum
Fourth Turning Archive home page
New Fourth Turning Forum

Thread: Congressional Approval Rating at 14% - Page 9







Post#201 at 08-11-2007 05:59 PM by zilch [at joined Nov 2001 #posts 3,491]
---
08-11-2007, 05:59 PM #201
Join Date
Nov 2001
Posts
3,491

Cool Saari the Bigot

Quote Originally Posted by Child of Socrates View Post
Justin is referring to the "Crown of Creation." By that Mr. Saari means the self-important Boom Generation.
Mr. Saari is, as I've noted before, a generational bigot. But then so are Strauss and Howe, come to think of it. Check their "reputation as a child" chart in Generations, if ya don't believe me: Hero = Good, Nomad = Bad. For Mr. Saari, da Boom got no character worthy of respect or leadership.

Reminds me of those people who used to call black folk "niggers," jus' coz the color of their skin, with total disregard for the, as Mr. King put it, "content of their character."

Mr. Saari et al merely seek the easy way thru life, and the easy means by which to judge their fellow man.
Last edited by zilch; 08-11-2007 at 06:02 PM.







Post#202 at 08-11-2007 06:16 PM by playwrite [at NYC joined Jul 2005 #posts 10,443]
---
08-11-2007, 06:16 PM #202
Join Date
Jul 2005
Location
NYC
Posts
10,443

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil K. Saari View Post
... Boomers being Boomers is one of the few Rectifications that are in almost perfect accord of the being and its naming in the Present Age.
Yes, and it will remain as such as long as the "lessor generations" wallow in their nihilism that there is no better nor perfect choices; their absolutism that there is no need to bother so long as the whole cannot be thrown out overnight for some yet-to-be-defined betterment; and their disengagement so that they don't have to deal with the Crown of Creation's harsh repertoire.

And it doesn't help that these current characteristics of our up-and-comers marks them as easy prey to the soothing agreeable words of recently-minted partisan scolds now attempting to cloak their zealot sneers and bloodied knifes.
"The Devil enters the prompter's box and the play is ready to start" - R. Service

Its not tax money. The banks have accounts with the Fed so, to lend to a bank, we simply use the computer to mark up the size of the account that they have with the Fed. Its much more akin to printing money. - B.Bernanke


"Keep your filthy hands off my guns while I decide what you can & can't do with your uterus" - Sarah Silverman

If you meet a magic pony on the road, kill it. - Playwrite







Post#203 at 08-11-2007 06:22 PM by playwrite [at NYC joined Jul 2005 #posts 10,443]
---
08-11-2007, 06:22 PM #203
Join Date
Jul 2005
Location
NYC
Posts
10,443

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
Obviously it doesn't work in today's NYC, where the anti-transfat/nicotine et al police rule the street. With liberal Big Sister staring ya right in the face who needs "huge intrusive government" anymore, eh?

Here, lemmee take a page from your future GC Al Gore's book and just label you a Big Sis' denier.
Oh yea, that's really scary. I can see the bumper stickers now - "they'll have to rip my donut from my cold dead hand!" Oh, that just sent a shiver down my patriotic spine!
"The Devil enters the prompter's box and the play is ready to start" - R. Service

Its not tax money. The banks have accounts with the Fed so, to lend to a bank, we simply use the computer to mark up the size of the account that they have with the Fed. Its much more akin to printing money. - B.Bernanke


"Keep your filthy hands off my guns while I decide what you can & can't do with your uterus" - Sarah Silverman

If you meet a magic pony on the road, kill it. - Playwrite







Post#204 at 08-11-2007 06:30 PM by sean '90 [at joined Jul 2007 #posts 1,625]
---
08-11-2007, 06:30 PM #204
Join Date
Jul 2007
Posts
1,625

Quote Originally Posted by Justin '77 View Post
Umm... you do know that word isn't hyphenated, right?
You apparently haven't heard of the Smothers Brothers.







Post#205 at 08-11-2007 06:30 PM by playwrite [at NYC joined Jul 2005 #posts 10,443]
---
08-11-2007, 06:30 PM #205
Join Date
Jul 2005
Location
NYC
Posts
10,443

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
Mr. Saari is, as I've noted before, a generational bigot. But then so are Strauss and Howe, come to think of it. Check their "reputation as a child" chart in Generations, if ya don't believe me: Hero = Good, Nomad = Bad. For Mr. Saari, da Boom got no character worthy of respect or leadership.

Reminds me of those people who used to call black folk "niggers," jus' coz the color of their skin, with total disregard for the, as Mr. King put it, "content of their character."

Mr. Saari et al merely seek the easy way thru life, and the easy means by which to judge their fellow man.
This is rather over-the-top nastiness; even for you.

Perhaps you might consider deleting all or some of it? (I will delete this response if need be.)
"The Devil enters the prompter's box and the play is ready to start" - R. Service

Its not tax money. The banks have accounts with the Fed so, to lend to a bank, we simply use the computer to mark up the size of the account that they have with the Fed. Its much more akin to printing money. - B.Bernanke


"Keep your filthy hands off my guns while I decide what you can & can't do with your uterus" - Sarah Silverman

If you meet a magic pony on the road, kill it. - Playwrite







Post#206 at 08-11-2007 06:35 PM by sean '90 [at joined Jul 2007 #posts 1,625]
---
08-11-2007, 06:35 PM #206
Join Date
Jul 2007
Posts
1,625

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
Obviously it doesn't work in today's NYC, where the anti-transfat/nicotine et al police rule the street. With liberal Big Sister staring ya right in the face who needs "huge intrusive government" anymore, eh?

Here, lemmee take a page from your future GC Al Gore's book and just label you a Big Sis' denier.
My God, you're insane. You actually think smoking is good for you?! Are you crazy. Slaps you, shakes you, then hits you with a baseball bat, then hits you with a wrench, then punches you with boxing gloves, then shoots you with a pistol, all to try and calm you down on this flight.







Post#207 at 08-11-2007 06:35 PM by zilch [at joined Nov 2001 #posts 3,491]
---
08-11-2007, 06:35 PM #207
Join Date
Nov 2001
Posts
3,491

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by playwrite View Post
This is rather over-the-top nastiness; even for you.

Perhaps you might consider deleting all or some of it? (I will delete this response if need be.)
Uh, you can try and delete it out of my cold dead hand, fella.







Post#208 at 08-11-2007 06:39 PM by zilch [at joined Nov 2001 #posts 3,491]
---
08-11-2007, 06:39 PM #208
Join Date
Nov 2001
Posts
3,491

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sean '90 View Post
My God, you're insane. You actually think smoking is good for you?! Are you crazy. Slaps you, shakes you, then hits you with a baseball bat, then hits you with a wrench, then punches you with boxing gloves, then shoots you with a pistol, all to try and calm you down on this flight.
Hmm, so we need liberal Big Sister ninnies like you to tell us sinners what good or bad for us? And then legislate our sinnin' asses in line for the greater societal good?

Git lost, fella, I've got one wife and thats all I damn well need.







Post#209 at 08-11-2007 08:03 PM by playwrite [at NYC joined Jul 2005 #posts 10,443]
---
08-11-2007, 08:03 PM #209
Join Date
Jul 2005
Location
NYC
Posts
10,443

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
Hmm, so we need liberal Big Sister ninnies like you to tell us sinners what good or bad for us? And then legislate our sinnin' asses in line for the greater societal good?

Git lost, fella, I've got one wife and thats all I damn well need.
As long as your a-willin to bear the FULL costs of your lung cancer, I say, go for it!
"The Devil enters the prompter's box and the play is ready to start" - R. Service

Its not tax money. The banks have accounts with the Fed so, to lend to a bank, we simply use the computer to mark up the size of the account that they have with the Fed. Its much more akin to printing money. - B.Bernanke


"Keep your filthy hands off my guns while I decide what you can & can't do with your uterus" - Sarah Silverman

If you meet a magic pony on the road, kill it. - Playwrite







Post#210 at 08-11-2007 09:37 PM by zilch [at joined Nov 2001 #posts 3,491]
---
08-11-2007, 09:37 PM #210
Join Date
Nov 2001
Posts
3,491

Cool Whata Loser...

Quote Originally Posted by playwrite View Post
As long as your a-willin to bear the FULL costs of your lung cancer, I say, go for it!
What a clever little game ya'all play. Yeah, I'm hearin' that "giant suckin' sound" of Big Sister Government suckin' the very life outta each and every citizen, for the sake of some frickin' womb to the tomb security.

What a bunch of frickin' Hillarycare thumbsuckers you libs are, eh?

p.s. Obama is a loser, folks. The best that guy can hope for is second place on the Big Clinton ticket. And even that's a real unlikely stretch.







Post#211 at 08-12-2007 12:57 AM by sean '90 [at joined Jul 2007 #posts 1,625]
---
08-12-2007, 12:57 AM #211
Join Date
Jul 2007
Posts
1,625

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
Hmm, so we need liberal Big Sister ninnies like you to tell us sinners what good or bad for us? And then legislate our sinnin' asses in line for the greater societal good?

Git lost, fella, I've got one wife and thats all I damn well need.
Just curious, have you been sinnin' a lot lately, cause you're bein' all preachy.

And no one has been advocating polygamy. For the record, I oppose polygamy, as it goes against the morals of my Catholic faith.







Post#212 at 08-12-2007 01:53 AM by Justin '77 [at Meh. joined Sep 2001 #posts 12,182]
---
08-12-2007, 01:53 AM #212
Join Date
Sep 2001
Location
Meh.
Posts
12,182

Quote Originally Posted by Child of Socrates View Post
Touch, to be exact.
I didn't want to overwhelm the little guy and maybe bruise his self-esteem
"Qu'est-ce que c'est que cela, la loi ? On peut donc tre dehors. Je ne comprends pas. Quant moi, suis-je dans la loi ? suis-je hors la loi ? Je n'en sais rien. Mourir de faim, est-ce tre dans la loi ?" -- Tellmarch

"Человек не может снять с себя ответственности за свои поступки." - L. Tolstoy

"[it]
is no doubt obvious, the cult of the experts is both self-serving, for those who propound it, and fraudulent." - Noam Chomsky







Post#213 at 08-12-2007 01:55 AM by Justin '77 [at Meh. joined Sep 2001 #posts 12,182]
---
08-12-2007, 01:55 AM #213
Join Date
Sep 2001
Location
Meh.
Posts
12,182

Quote Originally Posted by playwrite View Post
Yes, and it will remain as such as long as the "lessor generations" wallow in their nihilism...
The generations that are characterized by taking out leases?

If you really are a writer, I hope you pay your editor really well...
"Qu'est-ce que c'est que cela, la loi ? On peut donc tre dehors. Je ne comprends pas. Quant moi, suis-je dans la loi ? suis-je hors la loi ? Je n'en sais rien. Mourir de faim, est-ce tre dans la loi ?" -- Tellmarch

"Человек не может снять с себя ответственности за свои поступки." - L. Tolstoy

"[it]
is no doubt obvious, the cult of the experts is both self-serving, for those who propound it, and fraudulent." - Noam Chomsky







Post#214 at 08-12-2007 10:16 AM by The Wonkette [at Arlington, VA 1956 joined Jul 2002 #posts 9,209]
---
08-12-2007, 10:16 AM #214
Join Date
Jul 2002
Location
Arlington, VA 1956
Posts
9,209

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch
Obviously it doesn't work in today's NYC, where the anti-transfat/nicotine et al police rule the street. With liberal Big Sister staring ya right in the face who needs "huge intrusive government" anymore, eh?
Haven't the good people of NYC elected Republicans as Mayor for the last 4 election cycles?
I want people to know that peace is possible even in this stupid day and age. Prem Rawat, June 8, 2008







Post#215 at 08-12-2007 12:11 PM by Matt1989 [at joined Sep 2005 #posts 3,018]
---
08-12-2007, 12:11 PM #215
Join Date
Sep 2005
Posts
3,018

Quote Originally Posted by sean '90 View Post
And no one has been advocating polygamy. For the record, I oppose polygamy, as it goes against the morals of my Catholic faith.
He was making a joke.







Post#216 at 08-12-2007 01:45 PM by Virgil K. Saari [at '49er, north of the Mesabi Mountains joined Jun 2001 #posts 7,835]
---
08-12-2007, 01:45 PM #216
Join Date
Jun 2001
Location
'49er, north of the Mesabi Mountains
Posts
7,835

Right Arrow Another man from the same ol' Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Child of Socrates View Post
Nobody's stopping you from frying your own food or smoking your own cigs in the privacy of your own home.

So can the complaining and get shopping.
Ha! Ha! The former Gov. and former Fatty-Fatty-2x4 from Hope, ARKANSAS came in second at the GOP Ioway Straw Poll on a Platform of School Lunch Reform! Sounds pretty Progressive!







Post#217 at 08-12-2007 02:16 PM by zilch [at joined Nov 2001 #posts 3,491]
---
08-12-2007, 02:16 PM #217
Join Date
Nov 2001
Posts
3,491

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Wonkette View Post
Haven't the good people of NYC elected Republicans as Mayor for the last 4 election cycles?
Really? Gee, I am shocked!

Umm, but what's yer point?







Post#218 at 08-12-2007 03:54 PM by K-I-A 67 [at joined Jan 2005 #posts 3,010]
---
08-12-2007, 03:54 PM #218
Join Date
Jan 2005
Posts
3,010

Quote Originally Posted by sean '90 View Post
My God, you're insane. You actually think smoking is good for you?! Are you crazy. Slaps you, shakes you, then hits you with a baseball bat, then hits you with a wrench, then punches you with boxing gloves, then shoots you with a pistol, all to try and calm you down on this flight.
View his comments as more of a matter of principle. Gee, why can't smokers establish their own bars? What, are you gonna eventually ban campfires too?







Post#219 at 08-12-2007 05:36 PM by playwrite [at NYC joined Jul 2005 #posts 10,443]
---
08-12-2007, 05:36 PM #219
Join Date
Jul 2005
Location
NYC
Posts
10,443

Quote Originally Posted by Justin '77 View Post
The generations that are characterized by taking out leases?

If you really are a writer, I hope you pay your editor really well...
Actually, most GenXers and Millies I know are, in fact, renters.
-- And I guess your focusing on that lessEr characteristic confirms at least one of the three other, and more important, current characteristics.
Last edited by playwrite; 08-12-2007 at 05:45 PM.
"The Devil enters the prompter's box and the play is ready to start" - R. Service

Its not tax money. The banks have accounts with the Fed so, to lend to a bank, we simply use the computer to mark up the size of the account that they have with the Fed. Its much more akin to printing money. - B.Bernanke


"Keep your filthy hands off my guns while I decide what you can & can't do with your uterus" - Sarah Silverman

If you meet a magic pony on the road, kill it. - Playwrite







Post#220 at 08-12-2007 05:44 PM by playwrite [at NYC joined Jul 2005 #posts 10,443]
---
08-12-2007, 05:44 PM #220
Join Date
Jul 2005
Location
NYC
Posts
10,443

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
What a clever little game ya'all play. Yeah, I'm hearin' that "giant suckin' sound" of Big Sister Government suckin' the very life outta each and every citizen, for the sake of some frickin' womb to the tomb security.

What a bunch of frickin' Hillarycare thumbsuckers you libs are, eh?

p.s. Obama is a loser, folks. The best that guy can hope for is second place on the Big Clinton ticket. And even that's a real unlikely stretch.
Man, I hope you guys keep playing that old "womb to tomb" boogey man theme, It's so dated and far less of the masses are buying it any more -- they can't afford the luxury.

Keep it up, it will help keep you all in the wilderness for a couple of decades.
"The Devil enters the prompter's box and the play is ready to start" - R. Service

Its not tax money. The banks have accounts with the Fed so, to lend to a bank, we simply use the computer to mark up the size of the account that they have with the Fed. Its much more akin to printing money. - B.Bernanke


"Keep your filthy hands off my guns while I decide what you can & can't do with your uterus" - Sarah Silverman

If you meet a magic pony on the road, kill it. - Playwrite







Post#221 at 08-12-2007 07:40 PM by zilch [at joined Nov 2001 #posts 3,491]
---
08-12-2007, 07:40 PM #221
Join Date
Nov 2001
Posts
3,491

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by playwrite View Post
Man, I hope you guys keep playing that old "womb to tomb" boogey man theme, It's so dated and far less of the masses are buying it any more -- they can't afford the luxury.

Keep it up, it will help keep you all in the wilderness for a couple of decades.
We need only keep the consistent track record of womb to the tomb socialist failure before the voting public. It fails whenever and wherever it's tried. And the consistent track record of failed liberal Presidential candidates since LBJ's Great Society madness strongly suggests the American people aren't suckers for liberal promises of nirvana that, in truth, are proven to only yield misery and pain when implemented.

Talk about a incapacitaed huntin' dog, hell, yer liberal Fido don't even bark anymore.

p.s. Gotta love that "masses" swipe. Yet again, just another insult to the triumph of American individualism that so peeves modern-day Marxist liberals.
Last edited by zilch; 08-12-2007 at 07:44 PM.







Post#222 at 08-12-2007 10:05 PM by playwrite [at NYC joined Jul 2005 #posts 10,443]
---
08-12-2007, 10:05 PM #222
Join Date
Jul 2005
Location
NYC
Posts
10,443

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
We need only keep the consistent track record of womb to the tomb socialist failure before the voting public. It fails whenever and wherever it's tried. And the consistent track record of failed liberal Presidential candidates since LBJ's Great Society madness strongly suggests the American people aren't suckers for liberal promises of nirvana that, in truth, are proven to only yield misery and pain when implemented.

Talk about a incapacitaed huntin' dog, hell, yer liberal Fido don't even bark anymore.

p.s. Gotta love that "masses" swipe. Yet again, just another insult to the triumph of American individualism that so peeves modern-day Marxist liberals.
The current Administration's prescription drug benefit initiative was the largest expansion of government entitlements in 40 years. They have increased federal education spending by about 60% and added nearly 7000 pages of new federal regulations. The number of Congressional ear marks for projects in members' districts (i.e. pork) increased from 1300 in 1994, the year the Republicans took over Congress, to 14,000 in 2005.

These are just a hint of what our liberal Fido will use to neuter your old dog. Fido is licking his chops at the prospect of you all bringing up this same old same old! ;-)
"The Devil enters the prompter's box and the play is ready to start" - R. Service

Its not tax money. The banks have accounts with the Fed so, to lend to a bank, we simply use the computer to mark up the size of the account that they have with the Fed. Its much more akin to printing money. - B.Bernanke


"Keep your filthy hands off my guns while I decide what you can & can't do with your uterus" - Sarah Silverman

If you meet a magic pony on the road, kill it. - Playwrite







Post#223 at 08-13-2007 09:17 AM by Child of Socrates [at Cybrarian from America's Dairyland, 1961 cohort joined Sep 2001 #posts 14,092]
---
08-13-2007, 09:17 AM #223
Join Date
Sep 2001
Location
Cybrarian from America's Dairyland, 1961 cohort
Posts
14,092

Quote Originally Posted by The Rani View Post
Rags did a good job of describing it on the other thread.
I'll look back at it.







Post#224 at 08-13-2007 12:37 PM by antichrist [at I'm in the Big City now, boy! joined Sep 2003 #posts 1,655]
---
08-13-2007, 12:37 PM #224
Join Date
Sep 2003
Location
I'm in the Big City now, boy!
Posts
1,655

Quote Originally Posted by zilch View Post
Hmm, so we need liberal Big Sister ninnies like you to tell us sinners what good or bad for us? And then legislate our sinnin' asses in line for the greater societal good?

Git lost, fella, I've got one wife and thats all I damn well need.
Hahahahaha!







Post#225 at 08-13-2007 12:46 PM by zilch [at joined Nov 2001 #posts 3,491]
---
08-13-2007, 12:46 PM #225
Join Date
Nov 2001
Posts
3,491

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by playwrite View Post
The current Administration's prescription drug benefit initiative was the largest expansion of government entitlements in 40 years. They have increased federal education spending by about 60% and added nearly 7000 pages of new federal regulations. The number of Congressional ear marks for projects in members' districts (i.e. pork) increased from 1300 in 1994, the year the Republicans took over Congress, to 14,000 in 2005.
My, oh my, that list goes a long way in explaining why George W. Bush is headed straight to the dustbin of history as "the worst president in history." ;-)
-----------------------------------------